PDA

View Full Version : z16xe to x16xe ECU Wiring Problem (Corsa C/Meriva)

NitrousVaux
18-06-13, 07:44 PM
I have a Meriva (basically a Corsa C) which had a ruing z16xe engine which smoked and had failed. I managed to get rid of most of the engine and had a good x16xe engine to replace it with.

I managed to fit the engine but then got totally lost on the wiring side of things. Not fully understanding the complexities of the can bus system I merrily chopped wires like a man possessed and kinda made a mess of things. (Cut main ECU plug off!)

I tried to mate the wiring loom to the car as I have of Nova's previously but caused a few headaches.

I have managed to get the new engine, ecu, transponder and key chip running and starting but I can't get the dash to work.

I will say at this point in trying to confirm the wires for the rev counter and temp gauge I managed to blow the fuse for the dash module.

After frantic searching, I realised that I need to run the original car ECU and the transponder and key chip to get the car side of the loom working.

I managed to get the wires reconnected on the ECU plug, but I still have battery light on, EPS light, no rev and no temp gauge. I do now have the oil light and car with a spanner light coming on, so I am getting ECU signals now and I have the original transponder wired up with the new one.

The car with the spanner is flashing constantly for the main part which I understand is transponder signal not correct.

I wonder with 2 chip keys and 2 transponders whether the signals are getting confused, although on the engine side the engine is running and idling fine.

Could anyone shed some light on my issues or give me some advice or avenue to go down? I am getting a little fuzzled in my old age and really need to get this motor sorted so I can shift the missus KA to get my Nova cash back!

Thanks for your responses.