PDA

View Full Version : Kw*k Fit W*nks

Barn
28-08-03, 09:49 PM
Took my car to kwik fit 2day to get the trackin sortd on me beast + when they got it jacked up on the big stand thing (lol) they noticed that my exhaust is fookt.
Thing is I new it was rusting abit (mild steel :roll: ) but now its deffo fookt as I can hear it blowin like hell...I'm sure the prik pushed it or sunthin coz it was fine b4.
Also, he said I need a new handbrake cable, so as you do I asked how much it would be and he said 'sorry mate aint gota clue, never done one before'. Ok he was young but fcuk wots the point in going somewhere and they can't even give u a price?!
Oh, and the prik even managed 2 get oil on my seats, so I was happy bout that aswel.... :x

*Rant over*

Anyways, so I thought it would cure my scrubbin but it hasn't???
Anyone got any ideas....bearing in mind he checked my CV joints, wheel bearings and said they were ok.

Thanks

Mark
28-08-03, 09:53 PM
So, a bloke that doesn't know how to do a nova handbrake cable said your CV joints, wheel bearings were o.k.?!?!?

dave.gsi
28-08-03, 10:02 PM
kwik fit did a handbrake cable for me. added a tenner onto the price (was getting welding done on old car for mot). you must have just had a dickhead

Will
28-08-03, 10:21 PM
kwik fit, pmsl :lol:

wudnt go there if i cud avoid it tbh, thats just my opinion tho

dave.gsi
28-08-03, 10:30 PM
i don't go there anymore. they used the big airgun to tighten my nuts up ( :wink: ) on my alloys. next time i need to take the wheel off the locking wheelnut key snapped clean off and i had to pay a garage to drill the fuckers out. i went back and bollocked the monkey with the gun (who gave me a refund for the drilling and payed for some new lock nuts)

Evolution
29-08-03, 02:34 AM
Ahh that really does my head in when they do them with the gun.
If you ever had to change a wheel at the side of the road it would be impossible. Very stupid if you ask me.

Mark
29-08-03, 07:08 AM
Unless your very, very strong like me!! :lol: :D

dikharvey
29-08-03, 10:45 AM
They are only supposed to be done up to a certain torque measurement. You have to be daft to ignore those. They arent there for fun!

Phil_G
30-08-03, 12:31 AM
They are only supposed to be done up to a certain torque measurement. You have to be daft to ignore those. They arent there for fun!

well said that man!

Phil