PDA

View Full Version : upgraded brake set up for 1.3sr

jasonsouthey
17-06-13, 07:28 AM
Im looking for the gte master cylinder and servo. Plus calipers disks and pad dont mind what as long as they fit 1.3sr

dgbnova#1
17-06-13, 09:33 AM
I have all that here I servo .master and calipers not sure on pads and disks 60 for the lot plus post

jasonsouthey
17-06-13, 02:51 PM
Can you get a price on postage to ip100pz? But im defo intrested mate :)

dgbnova#1
17-06-13, 04:07 PM
Probably £30 to post its quite heavy

Stuart
17-06-13, 04:48 PM
You are aware that a bigger servo wont make your brakes any 'better' just feel shaper which isnt the same as having better brakes.

jasonsouthey
17-06-13, 07:32 PM
Ye i was thinking it would cost something like that.

So what would you suggest?

mowgli
17-06-13, 07:35 PM
first off, what front brakes do you have fitted?? if you are still on original delco ones.. throw them away & get later corsa ones.. or better still, if your wheels will cope, fit 256mm vented discs & calipers off a cav/cally/vectra/astra.

then buy some new rear drums & wheel bearings, strip the old ones down & rebuild the rear brakes, then adjust them up properly, and fit the new drums. its remarkable what a difference it can make.

jasonsouthey
17-06-13, 08:01 PM
Right im getting Confused lol emm Ive got a disk rear beam not sure whats on it tbh as its been stuck in the shed for ages I know I need a new master cylinder any way and would like bigger calipers and disks for the front. And ye it was running standard brakes before it was stripped but but once it gets put back together its not got the standard engine going back in so need something better so im up for suggestions tbh cos I dont no too much about brakes :/ would the gte master cylinder and them brakes you got work and go straight on or what lol help I thought I had my head round this but not no more haha

mowgli
17-06-13, 08:05 PM
ok, if you are planning to use the rear disk setup & bigger front brakes, i suggest investing in a bias twin master cylinder setup, cos it will be then only way you'll ever get all 4 brakes working right

dgbnova#1
17-06-13, 08:09 PM
Gte/gsi master and servo plus ate calipers with new 256 mm disks and pads if you can get them under ure wheels normally most 15".
I have calipers here for that also. Plus servo master. Get disks and pads local to you around £50 new here

jasonsouthey
17-06-13, 08:10 PM
Right emm you got any ideas on price and where I could get one from? Plus cav front brakes would still be alright with that ye?

dgbnova#1
17-06-13, 08:17 PM
About 190 new. One on here for 95 plus need to little bottles on top. Not for everyone these as very different pedal feel always hard as no servo assistance. I ran the ate and rears on loads of cars no problem.

jasonsouthey
17-06-13, 08:24 PM
Lol **** I hate braking systems I can get my head round most things just so many different things to mix and match lol

dgbnova#1
17-06-13, 08:37 PM
Yes twin masters are £90 new. The gte breaks would fit under your 14" but better with the bigger ones. You do not have to use the twin pedal box it not set in stone.

mowgli
17-06-13, 08:38 PM
nova rear discs are for show... on a road car anyway... fix your rear drums & fit some 256's, bleed them thru & you'll have a very good brake setup.

Southie
17-06-13, 08:43 PM
Off topic: interesting surname you have lol

dgbnova#1
17-06-13, 08:54 PM
Sorry £190 New

Southie
17-06-13, 09:06 PM
Sounds odd but I searched your name on the internet as I thought we maybe related in some way, found this though:
http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich_kirton_two_drink_drivers_given_road_bans_a fter_crashing_vehicles_1_1736790

jasonsouthey
17-06-13, 09:10 PM
Well it seems like a lot of work just to have disks on the back tbh more than I thought and tbh im not going with a 2L or any thing its just having the 1.3sr engine thats been played with quite abit and twin webbers so the gte brakes would be good enought and then the drums all fixed up on the back. Wouldnt they ? And ye it is a intresting last name ant it haha :)

jasonsouthey
17-06-13, 09:15 PM
Haha ye we all have are naughty moments dont we :P its just given me more time and money to spend on the little nova ant it ;)

Southie
17-06-13, 09:30 PM
Plenty of time to get it road worthy, your insurance will be also sky high once back on the road as well.
I can't really preach as I was banned for drink driving when younger, a massive mistake to say the least and took years to get appreciation back from family and friends... I learnt my lesson so I hope you have.

jasonsouthey
17-06-13, 09:44 PM
Yes mate cause a lot of problem and really wasnt worth it but it defo ant happening again I missing being on the road to much tbh mate

_Jake
17-06-13, 10:10 PM
jason i might have some 288 calipers here i think, are you still puttin that 1300 in or whatever it was?

jasonsouthey
17-06-13, 10:23 PM
Alright bud I didnt no you still had your nova lol and ye mate its getting there pm me your number you can pop round and take a look some time ?