PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure release valve help ?? no oil light on dash ??

jonnyd61
16-06-13, 07:51 PM
my lifters went loud the other day so I check the oil pressure release valve this was stuck so I cleaned it up and stuck it back in .started her up she was running fine the lifters had gone back to normal.:thumb:
so went for a little run was all fine for about 20 mins then I started to hear the lifter getting louder and louder pulled up an turn her off :confused: ???????? cud this be the release valve again ?? but this time the oil light did NOT come on bt it did the first time :tard: even unplugged the oil sender still no oil light on the dash.. even when I just turn the ignition on no oil light what cud this be ??? sorry for the essay lol lol

Royston
16-06-13, 08:10 PM
Oil level correct?

Might be low, have you checked it?

Oil might be thick/due for a change?

Blockage in an oil gallery?

Combination of above!

mowgli
16-06-13, 10:42 PM
check the fuse & the dash bulb..

deneil_gsi2000
16-06-13, 10:55 PM
Try Changing your oil and filter. I changed the oil in a c16xe on Friday and I can honestly say I was amazed how the thing hadnt destroyed itself. The oil was like bitumen. I ended up removing the sump and stripping out the baffle and scooping the oil out lol

meritlover
17-06-13, 09:23 AM
wire from the sender has to be pulled to earth for the light to come on. it will not work when its O/C.

jonnyd61
17-06-13, 12:34 PM
I changed the oil Friday mate. jus can't understand why the light came on before and nt this time ?? I mite clean the sump out see if tht helps

meritlover
17-06-13, 02:24 PM
i think whether or not there is an issue with the oil light is the least of your worries. Yes it needs to be repaired, but the loss of pressure/lifter/bearing damage should be more of a concern.

remove all doubt and fit a pressure gauge in place of the switch sender for the time being. Monitor the oil pressure, restore pressure by whatever means necessary then fault find on the pressure switch.

therealnovaboy
17-06-13, 08:01 PM
if the light is on when the ignition is turned on then goes off once the engine has started there is unlikely to be an issue with the sender/wiring/bulb.

It might be worth taking the sender out and cleaning it up. it could be the thick oil has blocked the little hole in the end.

a new sender is about £4

jonnyd61
17-06-13, 10:21 PM
The oil light doesnt come on even when i jus turn the ignition on nt even wen engine starts up found out 2day it was the valve sticking so cleaned it up AGAIN with a bit of thin wet an dry started her up took oil cap of oil was spiting out. Think i mite have damaged some of the lifter cos they hav nt gone bak to how they where (noise wise) still abit loud