PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 carb on a 1.4 sr.

Edd_1.4sr
15-06-13, 07:41 PM
Will a 1.6 pierburg carb fit on a 1.4 sr? If so will it still run the same?

marc69
15-06-13, 10:56 PM
I'm not sure about the fit, but if it does fit I would assume the mxture (needles) will be too rich.

jimbob-mcgrew
16-06-13, 07:30 PM
if its from a 16SV - both engines share the same rectangular shaped inlet ports, so they might use the same manifold too possibly

it will prob run ok if you lean the mixture a turn or so on the screw, altho I have a feeling it will run rich at higher rpm when the secondary throttle starts to dumps additional fuel in.

you can adjust the secondary fueling aswel tho, via the Phillips headed cam lobe bit on the opposite end of the throttle linkage, (only make small adjustments on it, as it makes a lot of difference)

you could prob find a nice medium for it thru-out the rev range, if you kept checking the colour of the spark plugs to see whats going on inside while you trial and error adjustments. a colourtune spark plug is pretty handy for this sorta thing, altho can be setup without if you take your time and keep checking the sparkplugs after each drive.

marc69
16-06-13, 08:30 PM
What you said makes sense and is really interesting, so does this mean a 1.4 carb can also be used on a 1.6 with satisfactory results without changes of jets?

jimbob-mcgrew
16-06-13, 11:54 PM
ive not tried it myself, but I think its do-able with some patience to set it up.

from what ive noticed messing with the 2e on my 1.3, there seems to be a fair amount of adjustment in it, from starvation lean to over-rich coke build up in the chambers.

adjusting the timing effects the fueling too, so you have to remember to compensate for one another.