PDA

View Full Version : ebay nylon gear linkage bushes.

therealnovaboy
14-06-13, 11:45 PM
Anyone used these? im talking about the plastic bushes that are in the middle of the gear linkage where the pin goes through to attach it to the rear gearbox mount.

Do these do away with the rubber bushes that sit between the top and bottom OE plastic bushes.

Im thinking about turning some out but not sure if you would get away with making the whole insert from nylon thus taking out all the unwanted twisting that happens and just having purely a pivot motion.

If that makes sense.

skud52
15-06-13, 08:52 PM
i made 1 out of nylon and its fine so i'd say go for it, cant be much worse than standard!

Jonlem
15-06-13, 09:04 PM
The nylon bushes do actually make a fair bit of difference, not a bad mod.

therealnovaboy
15-06-13, 09:28 PM
I changed the rubber bushes and o-rings in mine and made a huge differance. I thought this would be worth while.

can you buy replacement ball joints for the two end balls? Ie the ones that connect the gear stick rod to the linkage and the linkage to the selector rod.

Are corsa B ones the same. I found the corsa c ones slightly different.

cheers.

Mieran
15-06-13, 11:07 PM
I have nylon bushes in mine, they don't fit the very early nova linkages though.

You cant get new ball joints.

What I did is cut the metal ball joint and weld it onto the Nova linkage, only done that because you can still get new Corsa B plastic ball joints.

therealnovaboy
15-06-13, 11:24 PM
ok cheers i might give that a try.

Pistol Pete
16-06-13, 12:39 PM
I have nylon bushes in mine, they don't fit the very early nova linkages though.

You cant get new ball joints.

What I did is cut the metal ball joint and weld it onto the Nova linkage, only done that because you can still get new Corsa B plastic ball joints.

lol i can vouch for this! Made some out of brass in the end. Seem to be dong the job.

silk violet
16-06-13, 08:03 PM
change the ends to rose joints i made some myself and it made a major difference...??