PDA

View Full Version : exterior panels

silk violet
08-06-13, 05:40 PM
hi there my car is sorn at the mo and i am restoring my nova mk 2 gsi 20xe and i noticed the other that my side skirt was a little loose at the front by where it joins by drivers front wing and i pulled it back and was horrified :eek: :cry: the sill is completely rotten and it looked like a culinder and now it gives me the excuse to tell the miss's that they need to be replaced so does any 1 know where is the best place to get some new 1's cheap should i be looking at genuine items or pattern parts...???? also i may aswell replace front wings but i,m gonna get some second hand genuine 1's off here over the next few months and will be looking to replace the complete front end panel aswell as i imagine its gonna cost me a fortune again as i,ve only just got all the mechanicals done thinking yeah its nearly ready for mot and thats cost me a fortune already :mad: so hopefully now that will be my goal for next years PVS...???? much help appreciated :thumb:

Vlietje
08-06-13, 06:34 PM
If you want some new GM panels from OCP Trier let me know as we're coming over within two weeks to the UK.

PM me for more deails.

silk violet
08-06-13, 07:01 PM
pm'd you....

silk violet
09-06-13, 11:10 AM
any advice peeps...??

bazil
09-06-13, 08:08 PM
Stick up some pics, if the very front of the sill is buggered then genuine sills are no good as they don't cover the bottom of the A post,
Try a local motor factors or eBay for replacement aftermarket sills,

Front panel = see Jeffrey and stick to a genuine one

Wings, second hand genuine ones would be better than pattern ones for fit
Or genuine new ones if your feeling flush

silk violet
09-06-13, 08:22 PM
cheers mate much appreciated for your help.... and yeah will go for second hand wings as budget is tight as it has cost me a bloody fortune already.... lol