PDA

View Full Version : Ebay :(

Balley
05-06-13, 10:23 PM
I have recently sold my Nova on ebay twice. Both times I have been messed about. So annoyed as I really need it gone. Any one else had these issues?

kbnova
05-06-13, 10:28 PM
past few months thats all ive been getting my self, d heads bidding and winning and not paying, on different items im selling, drives me mad, due to ebays stupid rules, feck all happens to these buyers, they can leave negative feedback for no reason but no rights for the seller, fecking con., try gumtree

Southie
05-06-13, 10:29 PM
It's not ebays fault... It's the people that use it, have you tried selling on forums?

turbojolt
05-06-13, 10:32 PM
that sucks mate, I do keep a keen eye on your nova when I notice it on ebay as its a great motor

camels toe
05-06-13, 10:41 PM
Ive found ebay much better than the forums for selling parts recently. The amount of time ive wasted replying to peoples questions and sending pics ect then never hearing anything back is unreal.
Had one bloke wanting to buy a full suspension kit and wanted it fitting too along with some other parts. Sorted all the details out over a week or so and i put a weekend aside to do the work. Come saturday morning when he should of been at my house theres no sign of him. Weekend wasted.
Ive been doing ok on ebay though touch wood with everything paid for and collected with no problems.

Balley
05-06-13, 10:42 PM
KBNOva, I have never had many issues. Well not until selling a car. Southie I wasn't sure how much it was worth. Guess I am now so I will try that, and cheers Leigh! Wanna buy it?

kbnova
05-06-13, 10:44 PM
think you will problems any where you try to sell, world full of dreamers, make sure to cancel each transaction made on ebay that wasn completed to get your final value fees back,

Southie
05-06-13, 10:51 PM
At least with forums you won't have to pay listings, you'll get messed about sadly with it being a modified car, everyone expects something for nothing sadly :(

Balley
05-06-13, 10:52 PM
Don't worry I do. Just a pain because you second chance offer people and they never get back to you.. makes me wonder why they bid.

turbojolt
05-06-13, 10:54 PM
KBNOva, I have never had many issues. Well not until selling a car. Southie I wasn't sure how much it was worth. Guess I am now so I will try that, and cheers Leigh! Wanna buy it?

I have about 270 quid spare right now lol

......the only forum selling the miffs me is the messages asking if your still selling something, you reply yes and then nothing comes back!

Balley
05-06-13, 11:01 PM
£270 would get you about a 1/8 lol

turbojolt
05-06-13, 11:05 PM
£270 would get you about a 1/8 lol

270 quid for a 8th, my mate big ron sells cheaper then that

lol

Balley
05-06-13, 11:12 PM
Oh sorry, £20.. I meant the car...

womble sri
05-06-13, 11:18 PM
Show me the link am after a new nova

turbojolt
05-06-13, 11:19 PM
suppose the problem your going to have is its not a common nova, if it had a xe engine it would have sold 10 times over by now!!

MK999
05-06-13, 11:21 PM
......the only forum selling the miffs me is the messages asking if your still selling something, you reply yes and then nothing comes back!

That and silly postage requests, amount of people I've had ask me to send a fuel tank for a slightly spit covered curly wurly and half a shilling is ridiculous. Even after I put on the ad "Think about what you're asking me to post, it's not legal to send flammable liquids by royal mail/standard courier"?

One guy was expecting £5 postage on it. I'd love to know where you can send anything the size of a fuel tank for a fiver, let alone hazardous goods lol

Balley
05-06-13, 11:27 PM
PM womble.

raf24
06-06-13, 07:53 AM
not that it makes a hell of a difference but report them as unpaid items & you'll get your fees back etc..and as far as i'm lead to believe they get a strike against the account.if they get three strikes against them them the account gets suspended..i've just had the same problem with a dick on ebay & i'm getting sick of non payers so that's what i've started doing.

8valve-craig
06-06-13, 08:30 AM
I think the way to look at it is that if you are desperate to sell then it needs to be advertised in as many places as possible bar eBay auction. Relying on an auction style sale is pretty risky, because as mentioned above it adds a week to the potential departure date and is 100% going to attract the wrong type of buyer.

Have you thought of putting it on with a buy it now price and then checking the box which says "immediete payment required". The Immediete payment required is a good tool for selling a car, it saves classified fee's, and nobody is actually going to pay for it through paypal without viewing, so once they hit the final screen they will either call you or clear off.

I tend to get about 10 Unpaid items per week, and have my settings configured so that the cases are opened automatically 48hr's after the purchase, then closed automatically 4 days after the case was opened. The final value fee's are credited, those buyers receive strikes and the item gets re-listed.

When leaving that buyers feedback you can also use "report this buyer" which is another black mark against their account, so as long as we all use these tools to our advantage instead of taking it on the chin, eBay could start to be the place the majority of us want it to be.

Balley
06-06-13, 09:32 AM
I always make sure I go through ebay to get my money back. Very annoying. I will put a add up on here then!

Bubba
06-06-13, 07:49 PM
only on one set of wheels. sold for £300, never paid. was tempted to **** in a box and post it to him.

Jack
07-06-13, 11:49 AM
I never had a problem selling the cav on ebay, had more issues with it on here tbh. Mind you, a fella saw it, contacted me privately, came round the next day and handed over cash - so I didn't have the fun of doing the entire process via ebay lol

EwanG
07-06-13, 05:25 PM
If you are trying to sell a car on fleabay you would be best with a classified ad. There is too many dreamers out there. Some people need to give thereselves a shake! Peasants need to just keep dreaming instead of bidding. All the best with the sale, be patient and an honest buyer will come along :thumb: