PDA

View Full Version : NOVA MODEL UPDATE - TRAX PICS

ade
28-08-03, 11:14 AM
Hi guys,

Well, as you know I'm making a 1:18 scale model of a nova (its about 1:16 actually) - the master is almost ready for moulding and then I can start casting.

Hoping to have a copy ready for trax - otherwise I'll bring the master down to show people (no touching though).

I'LL BE TAKING ORDERS AT TRAX AND PICS OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT WANT ONE. I'll also need you to complete a spec sheet for the boxes - each one is customised

With moving house end September and all my belongings going into storage I wont be able to start the model again until October but the plan is to have the first models for those ordered ready just before Christmas.

Prices START from ?60 - and go up depending on the complexity of the kit you've fitted to your car. Prices discussed with individuals (DJP dont worry although your car is insane if you want a model of it I'll do you a good price).

All prices include model, sprayed and mounted in a custom box with a certificate of authenticity

Please remember THESE ARE ORIGINAL HAND MADE AND HAND FINISHED MODELS. You cannot get 1:18 scale model novas anywhere!

You CAN have a model of someone elses car if you want - all I need is pics.

I'll post the latest pics later...

Ade
:wink:

Freak
28-08-03, 06:46 PM
me me me first
i can chuck you some pics of mine to build it from at trax so no problem
you wont have much luck taking pics of it (not mine anymore remember)- unless you happen to catch a snap of it going backwards into the crash barrier..... :roll:

krobinson
28-08-03, 08:58 PM
Let me know when your ready to start making the finished car's. I'll be able to mail you pics of mine. All i'll ask is to add the louvred wings i had done during the rebuild and if possible a chrome bumper trim (could be silver painted on maybe?)

Keith

novax
28-08-03, 11:54 PM
I'll be on VxlSCC stand but I'll come find you. looking forward to seeing the prototype

Tazzy
29-08-03, 12:52 AM
lol, well, i dont have a car yet (cept the GTE im trying sell!) but i deffo want one, its an offer ya cant refuse! but i do have ideas and plans of what i want my next baby to look like!

do you think you got knock summit together if i sent you details of how i would like it?

Tazzy
29-08-03, 12:53 AM
just another question, is it based on the mk1 or mk2?

Neil.
29-08-03, 01:01 AM
the only things that will be different with mk1 and mk2 shell will be the bumpers and rear side windows wont it?
Ade, will any of the parts be moveable, and what will be done about interior? Can we get them in 'primer' so to speak so we can paint them ourselves?

Tazzy
29-08-03, 01:28 AM
movebale?

you mean you can take the bumpers off? or change them?

i just thought it was just gonna be a plastic mold!!!

Neil.
29-08-03, 02:35 AM
yeah 4ndy ur probly right, didnt know if there was gonna be a Standard mk2 bumper then the GSi ones aswell.

Mark
29-08-03, 07:11 AM
From the other posts on this that I have seen, he can make mk1's or 2's, basically he can make it look like any Nova out there, but obviously the more work to build it the higher the cost. - Going to look smart!

Lee H
29-08-03, 08:30 AM
the only things that will be different with mk1 and mk2 shell will be the bumpers and rear side windows wont it?

Rear windows different. WTF?

djp_y2k
29-08-03, 11:21 AM
lol Ade.

May have to look into getting one of these. Will have to have a look at one at traxx. :D :D :D

ade
29-08-03, 11:57 AM
8) this things growing legs! 8)

Basically I can make a mk1 or mk2. The idea (still working on it) is to make interchangeable parts - so for example you can clip on new bumpers, side skirts, spoilers etc.

At present its only a model of the exterior - I dont have access to injection moulding systems so cant do the interior - which means the windows will be blacked out, bonnet, hatch and doors fastened. Its made out of casting resin/fibreglass and gelcoat.

It will be basically an exterior skin - like what you get on remote controlled cars - but with (hopefully) interchangeable parts. The plan is you will be able to order the other bits seperately - for a small fee :D

Initially though I just want to make exact replicas of peoples cars - including wheel trims.

The only fixed point I cant really change is the rear quarter window surrounds - the master has them with the sri/gsi surrounds, which in my opinion makes the car look much smoother.

Got a prob with my camera so having probs postiong images - but will hopefully get some up later.

At present I will be spraying them for the client - however if you really want one in primer, arrangements can be made...

Ade
:wink: