PDA

View Full Version : Attempted theft

marc69
04-06-13, 09:10 PM
I got up this morning to find that someone had tried to nick the track car.

They bent out the passenger door top significantly and the ngot in and opened the driver door. there looks like no more damage as the steering wheel lock has been moved about (unsuccessfully thank fully)

The wierdest thing is the SR (alarmed and immobilised) is in front as in the "polished my car" pic. Obviously they didn't try to nick it as the alarm would have screamed but, it is in front, ther is no other way out my drive.

I did wonder if it was some one just vandalising but apparently there was another attempted theft a few street away.

So, got back from work and bent the door back as best I can, fitted an alarm, immobiliser and then made the nieghbours happy by testing the alarm, both for car opening and sensoring.

Suppose I should feel lucky, but just a bit angry.

TeddyThom
04-06-13, 09:12 PM
People really can't appreciate what it would mean to have stuff nicked... They should have their fingers removed. Slowly. And with a blunt rusty tool.

chrisd1986
04-06-13, 09:13 PM
C*NTS!!!!!! what makes is worse is that you dont need to bend a nova door back as spud showed me

bazzap8389
04-06-13, 09:23 PM
*******s. Let's hope they don't try again mate

shaunboy84
04-06-13, 09:41 PM
well my alarm is a clifford but i still wouldnt trust no **** tbh

Dan Stanley
04-06-13, 10:03 PM
I had my door top bent out and I could never get it back into shape 100%. It meant that there was wind noise when you drove it along coming through the gap.

I agree with TheddyThom's punishment ideas.

marc69
04-06-13, 10:12 PM
*******s. Let's hope they don't try again mate

I wouldn't think so, would they really visit the scene of an unsuccessful attempt? If they do I hope they enjoy the alarm and so on.

marc69
04-06-13, 10:13 PM
I had my door top bent out and I could never get it back into shape 100%. It meant that there was wind noise when you drove it along coming through the gap.

I agree with TheddyThom's punishment ideas.

same here, it's half way up, I'll probably just put a bit of extra rubber in or something.

jonesy1
04-06-13, 10:15 PM
Thats really annoyed me theres hardly any nova's left and uve got little tw*ts still trying to nick them they should go out and get a job and try buying something that theyve had to work hard for and have someone nick it off them and besides anything its all the hard work that goes into working on them soz rant over now!!!

marc69
04-06-13, 10:16 PM
agreed

conza123
04-06-13, 10:21 PM
punishment is the answer

i think we should try this to one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6LZhpgpggU

bazil
04-06-13, 10:32 PM
Glue razor blades in the door gap, that would teach the fcukers !

jonesy1
04-06-13, 10:36 PM
So have they knackered your steering column as well marc i dont understand what they were trying to do you had another car in front of it didnt you so its not as though they were going anywere with it scum bags mate

marc69
04-06-13, 10:43 PM
So have they knackered your steering column as well marc i dont understand what they were trying to do you had another car in front of it didnt you so its not as though they were going anywere with it scum bags mate

Nope, apart from the door and a few marks on the steering wheel, no other damage. The steering lock/bar seems to have defeated them, not many scrathces either so very lucky.

I have no idea how they intended moving the car, the one in front would have sent the alarm off and then I would have probably ended up in trouble for at least serious assault. No laugh out loud there!

8valve-craig
04-06-13, 10:51 PM
Probably planning to get the rear car ready to drive off before moving the front one out.

bazzap8389
04-06-13, 10:53 PM
Get some movable steel posts fitted to the bottom of your drive, would be an extra deterrent.

marc69
04-06-13, 10:57 PM
Once it's in the local press that I murdered an attempted thief I reckon that will be a detterant (only joking!!!!!!!)

marc69
04-06-13, 10:58 PM
Get some movable steel posts fitted to the bottom of your drive, would be an extra deterrent.

Never had problems before, I think it was just chancers

bazzap8389
04-06-13, 11:04 PM
Fingers crossed!