PDA

View Full Version : Pvs??

conad
04-06-13, 12:46 AM
I've not been for years, but I've just looked on the website at the style finalists.... Now is it me or is it turning into the 'max power show'? It never used to be a show full of fiberglas .

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/conad/Screenshot_2013-06-04-00-41-56.png

pie
04-06-13, 12:48 AM
as people say it's a "chav" fest these day's fella

conad
04-06-13, 12:56 AM
:cry: aw no way... Was hoping to go next year with the Nova. Maybe not eh.

bazzap8389
04-06-13, 01:04 AM
I thought body kits like those were a thing of the past...

conad
04-06-13, 01:05 AM
Same here... Kids these days eh lol

Hobbit
04-06-13, 03:02 AM
There was a small selection of fiberglass covered cars last year. If they enjoy it let them crack on. Far more entertaining cars on the strip though imo.

SimonTW
04-06-13, 04:37 AM
If everyone had the same taste all the cars would be the same and the show would be boring.

Jack
04-06-13, 07:04 AM
as people say it's a "chav" fest these day's fella
These days? lol

Benn
04-06-13, 08:37 AM
Shut up pussy and go.

It's not that bad really. Alot of the people are chavs but the cars arnt too bad. The "power and style" stuff is normally not fiberglass covered cars..

conad
04-06-13, 08:51 AM
Shut up pussy and go.

It's not that bad really. Alot of the people are chavs but the cars arnt too bad. The "power and style" stuff is normally not fiberglass covered cars..

lol cheers for that benn

I remember it being called 'show n shine' and it was just really clean examples rather than max power 'specials' lol

Nobby
04-06-13, 10:07 AM
To be fair people come on here and winge that PVS is s-hit full of chavs rararara then there the 1st on here after to ask how it went! Shut the f-uck up get your tent out have some beers meet new freinds and beat shi-t out of your car up the strip!

novalew
04-06-13, 12:14 PM
Pvs is what you make of it

Benn
04-06-13, 12:39 PM
lol cheers for that benn

I remember it being called 'show n shine' and it was just really clean examples rather than max power 'specials' lol

Last year had some every nice cars in it..
Things like Dale's 442brake Corsa.. They must of gone the other way this year

Pvs is what you make of it

Very very true.

MK999
04-06-13, 12:50 PM
The "show and shine" bit that's normally opposite the trade stands has always been a bit "max power-I just spent 40k on a Corsa and look what happened" to attract the idiots towards the overpriced chrome tat on display lol

It's not representative of the club stands which is where you'll find the majority of the nicer cars.

I didn't make it last year, but judging by what Benn said they tried to make it a lot more respectable and it didn't work out for some reason, probably sold less chrome tat :p

M Sutton
04-06-13, 03:19 PM
The green 5 door at the top is my mates and imo is a lovely car! Something different without the use of ott parts! All work was done by him and its not bad for a car he uses every day!

As said if everyone did the same thing it would be boring! I sometimes like to look at some of the madder styled cars and its interesting to see how much work goes into the smoothing etc!

Personally I like a tidy looking car with decent power but each to there own! ;)

wwmnw
04-06-13, 04:28 PM
Some of them don't look so bad, I've seen Nova's 100 times worse (that one with the Silvia lights in).

Connor
04-06-13, 05:13 PM
I will be there with work on the PEC stand, so come over and say hello!
Just had the guys at UrbanPerformanceGarage come to for rods pistons and gaskets for their insane carbon fibre 326bhp N/a drag nova! After an engine failure in practice :cry:
(http://upg.bg/en/projects/upg-carbon-corsa) There trying to break the 10sec quarter mile. So theres going to be some good cars there! :)

Benn
04-06-13, 05:31 PM
The "show and shine" bit that's normally opposite the trade stands has always been a bit "max power-I just spent 40k on a Corsa and look what happened" to attract the idiots towards the overpriced chrome tat on display lol

It's not representative of the club stands which is where you'll find the majority of the nicer cars.

I didn't make it last year, but judging by what Benn said they tried to make it a lot more respectable and it didn't work out for some reason, probably sold less chrome tat :p

Careful, i love chrome.

Jack
04-06-13, 05:49 PM
To be fair people come on here and winge that PVS is s-hit full of chavs rararara then there the 1st on here after to ask how it went!No, usually its the people who get overexcited about it who then come on Sunday evening asking when they can buy tickets for PV 2014 lol

MK999
04-06-13, 06:04 PM
Careful, i love chrome.

But you don't love chrome tat :)

Chromed plastic jet shape air intakes, and chrome wiper blades, and all other manner of plastic chrome covered, tat :p

wwmnw
04-06-13, 06:31 PM
Benn likes shiny, he's like a magpie.

Alex J
04-06-13, 06:58 PM
im a chav, im going, nuff said...

conad
04-06-13, 07:00 PM
http://kingmagic.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/two-can-van-damme.jpg

Southie
04-06-13, 07:22 PM
Burnouts, music, beers and skintly clad women at car shows with a drag stip are a must. Also seeing cars with excessive body kits and mahoosive stereos is what I grew up with... It may sound chavvy but who cares, a performance car show is what you make of it and its all about an enjoyable day out ;)

pie
04-06-13, 07:26 PM
http://kingmagic.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/two-can-van-damme.jpg

someone taking pics of Mr merris? lol lol

Hobbit
04-06-13, 07:31 PM
That skinny little chap? Merris would literally eat him as a snack. Lol

Southie
04-06-13, 07:40 PM
That skinny little chap? Merris would literally eat him as a snack. Lol

It's a KFC poo with a hat on lol

pie
04-06-13, 10:28 PM
lol lol lol lol

Jonlem
05-06-13, 02:26 PM
I will be there with work on the PEC stand, so come over and say hello!
Just had the guys at UrbanPerformanceGarage come to for rods pistons and gaskets for their insane carbon fibre 326bhp N/a drag nova! After an engine failure in practice :cry:
(http://upg.bg/en/projects/upg-carbon-corsa) There trying to break the 10sec quarter mile. So theres going to be some good cars there! :)

It's currently in our workshop, head will be collected at 5.30 from Rics and we dropped the bottom end off for machining first thing this morning. Hopefully look at putting it together tonight into tomorrow and back on the dyno on Friday

It's certainly a screamer and I really hope it holds together considering all the effort that's gone into sorting it !

Benn
05-06-13, 05:24 PM
Is that the yellow and CF one?^ He has a thread on Mig, it's frigging amazing!

Jonlem
05-06-13, 08:09 PM
Yep that's the car. Engine is literally going together as we speak

Benn
05-06-13, 08:36 PM
Christ, guessing they are running it at PVS then, will have to look out for it.

Jonlem
05-06-13, 08:46 PM
Yes they are mate, had a few issues with it at an event in Europe somewhere, made quite a mess of it but all is in hand now. Ticking time bomb springs to mind as they rev it to 9900!

Benn
05-06-13, 09:21 PM
Yeah read on their thread it reves big. Crazy.