PDA

View Full Version : Open brake fluid

L14MNP
03-06-13, 12:15 AM
Bought 5 litres the other week, have refilled the car, and now have maybe 2 litres spare after my brakes were leaking, and I have refilled and rebled etc.

The fluid I have caught is clean, but it seems a.shame to throw it away as it has air in it.
I have ran it through a seive, but I can't see that doing anything.

Any suggestions?

conad
03-06-13, 12:18 AM
What about a coffee filter?

L14MNP
03-06-13, 12:21 AM
What about a coffee filter?

Sounds a bit strong, potentially. Will have a go though mate.

Was gonna try blowing into it with a straw, and catching the bubbles?

brainsnova
03-06-13, 12:21 AM
Must of been some leak lol

conad
03-06-13, 12:28 AM
When I bleed my bike brakes I apply negative pressure to the syringe which makes all the air rise (bubbles appear from nowhere)... Just another idea

L14MNP
03-06-13, 12:30 AM
Must of been some leak lol

In all seriousness, it was lol. Rebuilt calipers, all new drums, shoes, cylinders etc. Everything but the long, hard pipes.

Two sets of short hard pjpes and two sets of cylinders later, it's sorted.

Cheapo crap cylinders were both leaking from pipe fitting and bleed nipple. No obvious thread damage or cracks. Dry inside.of.drum etc.

It's had a good purge anyway. lol

Andy
03-06-13, 12:43 AM
enemies cars?
(Batt died mate)

conad
03-06-13, 12:43 AM
Buy cheap buy twice lol. I cant think of any way of putting the fluid into a big enough vacuum, when doing the bike its only 50ml at a time.

Andy
03-06-13, 12:44 AM
Buy cheap buy twice lol. I cant think of any way of putting the fluid into a big enough vacuum, when doing the bike its only 50ml at a time.

dyson?

conad
03-06-13, 12:46 AM
Was waiting for that one lol... Thought it'd be brains tbf lol

L14MNP
03-06-13, 12:47 AM
dyson?

Look at me, look at me. I have a posh hoover.

Pathetic.

L14MNP
03-06-13, 12:48 AM

Bikes are **** where brake fluid is concerned. I bet you have all the fancy bleeding gear too?
They don't make.it easy!

Andy, used fluid works best for that, doesn't it?

I prefer road paint. :d

Andy
03-06-13, 12:49 AM
Look at me, look at me. I have a posh hoover.

Pathetic.

I don't get involved mate,ask me mrs lol

Andy
03-06-13, 12:50 AM
Andy, used fluid works best for that, doesn't it?

I prefer road paint. :d
Ah ask the resident scum bag eh? lol

L14MNP
03-06-13, 12:51 AM
I don't get involved mate,ask me mrs lol

Suppose if you won't clean your neck, there's little chance of you doing the house. lol

conad
03-06-13, 12:52 AM
Bikes are **** where brake fluid is concerned. I bet you have all the fancy bleeding gear too?
They don't make.it easy!

My Shimano are easy as it's open resivoir on the lever, My avids on the other hand.... Need my fancy bleeding gear lol

Andy
03-06-13, 12:52 AM
Suppose if you won't clean your neck, there's little chance of you doing the house. lol
Bahahaha.Went in shop with a tidemark after earliers welding efforts,felt grim lol

L14MNP
03-06-13, 12:54 AM
Bahahaha.Went in shop with a tidemark after earliers welding efforts,felt grim lol

I was in the Post Office once and noticed a glove tidemark on me wrists, from work.

Was giro day and I had a halfy in. FML.

L14MNP
03-06-13, 12:55 AM
My Shimano are easy as it's open resivoir on the lever, My avids on the other hand.... Need my fancy bleeding gear lol

Too much hassle. lol

Just take your brakes off and jam a good trainer in the back tyre.

Andy
03-06-13, 12:57 AM
hahahahaha
remember the "resin days" were everyone had been welding to get little burn holes in their trackies?? lol

L14MNP
03-06-13, 01:02 AM
hahahahaha
remember the "resin days" were everyone had been welding to get little burn holes in their trackies?? lol

The half leather I put in my 106 was like that lol. So was the rear bench on the RSi, in places. Before I had it sorted.

Lmao @ 'welding' "Aw pure nee way av propa knacked me Kappa poppas."

conad
03-06-13, 01:05 AM
hahahahaha

Hahaha, that was my excuse to a girlfriends dad when I was about 17 lol

Andy
03-06-13, 01:06 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm84Am0DwifXlb8JAyw9BdkpW8MrkOU RH8RTjrQ1MyHhMFVmQ5me best welden troosarz

conad
03-06-13, 01:13 AM
I had those, the poppers went all the way up on them.... I was left in my pants on numerous occasions lol

Andy
03-06-13, 01:15 AM
I had adidas as hull was,and still is a deprived area.

brainsnova
03-06-13, 02:00 AM
You can't be those school out days when you would go to car mechanics at a college for the day and be pushing the cars into each other, kappa trackies kids started it lol

wwmnw
03-06-13, 05:06 PM
Kappa ****ing hell that brings back some memories, all the scruffy charvas treating kappa like it was the new Armani clobber. Absolutely horrible looking stuff Krappa was, looked like it belonged in the early days of track suit development and never left.

I had some Adidas popper trousers (upper class and all that) thankfully they didn't go all the way up (that I can remember) but like Conad I also was left with me under crackers on show many times.

brainsnova
03-06-13, 08:45 PM
**** knows what they were thinking with the buttons unless they saw the way they would get ripped off lol

mowgli
03-06-13, 10:08 PM
meanwhile, back at the thread, i can't imagine any 100% safe method of home filtering brake fluid. its usually a 1 time only deal...you could try selling it on ebay as from a racecar/drift championship winning motor etc.... some tit will buy it.

brainsnova
04-06-13, 08:49 PM
I would just take it to my local waste disposal site and pour it away. I just buy the small bottles

Southie
04-06-13, 09:52 PM
What's the point in keeping it? How much £ is it worth anyway, you'll just buy some more when the times ready lol