PDA

View Full Version : idling high

shaunboy84
02-06-13, 10:35 PM
when i was going through the stages of finding the problem with the gte engine going tits up, i removed the throttle sensor on the inlet manifold while i was trying to trace the problem, could this be the case why its idling at 2 k revs because i removed it from its original position? also i turned the screw on the inlet and it dropped slightly 1.8k, any ideas? or just keep playing with the screw on the inlet

millworm
02-06-13, 11:43 PM
Could be your idle control valve, seen those go on those engines alot

conad
02-06-13, 11:56 PM
I'm with wormy on this one.

shaunboy84
03-06-13, 05:55 PM
best place to buy one?

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
05-06-13, 10:28 PM
Mine was idling at 1500rpm, turned out to be my water channels blocked causing the car to get hot and overheat, not sure if this is any help but is a suggestion :) done full top end on mine and seems to be ok now, just need to work out why my temperature guage is going over to the red yet she runs fine and now idles just under 900rpm as she should.

jonnyd61
05-06-13, 10:35 PM
I found that mine rpms 2000 bt when i squeeze the idel control valve pipe the revs drop ??
Also the engine got up to temperature pritty qwick 2day it was running with blowers on full with fan on and still sat at half way on temp gauge shud i worry ????

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
06-06-13, 12:35 PM
I found that mine rpms 2000 bt when i squeeze the idel control valve pipe the revs drop ??
Also the engine got up to temperature pritty qwick 2day it was running with blowers on full with fan on and still sat at half way on temp gauge shud i worry ????

Not at all mate, been told running it to half way aslong as it sits there it will be fine, when it starts going over towards the red part then thats time to worry as yours will then be doing the same as what mines doing, have you tryed flushing the coolant/water hoses and bled the system? Make sure everythings free from dirt in the pipes as can cause the car to not get enough water circulating around the engine causing it to "over heat" half way is about average of where the temp guage should be but if it goes over half way you will need to check all your water feeds/hoses, matrix and rad, hope this helps :)

Vauxhall-Man-Ash
06-06-13, 12:37 PM
i found out my water channels where blocked in my headgasket so was causing water to not pass round the engine so did a full top end rebuild but still doing the same so now thats done its elimanated that part so now got to trace the guilty suspect of why my cars overheating and then replace/fix the part thats causing the prolem then i can get her in for an m.o.t :)

jonnyd61
06-06-13, 03:05 PM
just had top end rebuild so hopefully its all good cheers guys

jonnyd61
06-06-13, 03:08 PM
any idea why wen I squeeze my idle control pipe from the power cap the revs drop... its siting at 2000 rpm at the min ??

shaunboy84
06-06-13, 05:23 PM
maybe clean the icv then.best stuff to flush the water system with ??