PDA

View Full Version : 1.3sr running fault help!!

thespannerman
02-06-13, 09:28 PM
Hi guys, finaly got me sr on the road but its developing a fault. It feels like its choking itself on light throttle. Flat out its fine. Pulls hard and runs like a dream. Light throttle and it jerks around and tries to die on me.

Anyone had this before?

therealnovaboy
02-06-13, 09:30 PM
Probably running lean. Try cleaning the carb.

Is it better when you pull the choke in?

mowgli
02-06-13, 09:31 PM
check the spark plugs & the dizzy timing, then check the advance retard diaphragm to see if its leaking.. its a dead easy test, with it ticking over, pull the vacuum pipe off at the carb end & suck on it. if the engine note changes, its fine, if not, then its tatered.

thespannerman
02-06-13, 09:38 PM
Brand new leads plugs cap and rotor arm. Timing set with a digital strobe. Got vacuum at the dizzy but will try that thanks!seems to get worse when its hot.

Motd at work on saturday and the emissions were very clean aparently. Itll be something stupid.it was running fine in my mates car and has only done 55k!!

thespannerman
02-06-13, 09:40 PM
Its on a pierburg 2e carb with auto choke with k and n so no choke cable!

Novasport
02-06-13, 09:46 PM
Auto choke possibly the problem?

thespannerman
02-06-13, 09:50 PM
I thought that but had a play around with it and makes no difference. Going to have a play around with it at work tomorrow

thespannerman
03-06-13, 06:06 PM
Cheers mowgli, bang on the money! It let go on the way home from work lol

Steve
20-06-13, 11:38 AM
I've got the same problem, still feels like its struggling even when you floor it, i'm going to check the plugs first but its always run lumpy/hunts. I've got a manual choke conversion i really need to fit as its a 2e3 auto choke.

marc69
20-06-13, 11:44 AM
I had a similar problem with My SR, although it was running fne last time it was on the road (few years ago).

Check all the the ignition stuff mowgli said. If it's stll doing it, and only with light throttle at low revs, could be the same problem I had, I had to change slightly the idle mixture, this was too rich. Also worthwhile checking how long the choke stays on for and the fast idle on the auto choke whilst your at it.

marc69
20-06-13, 11:45 AM
I've got the same problem, still feels like its struggling even when you floor it, i'm going to check the plugs first but its always run lumpy/hunts. I've got a manual choke conversion i really need to fit as its a 2e3 auto choke.

Sounds like either wrong ignition timing or bad fuel mixture(blocked jets)

Steve
20-06-13, 11:55 AM
Well its run fine for almost a year, i think the choke is still slightly on, its sticks on initially but after a few miles it dies down