PDA

View Full Version : Xe Corsa, gearbox out

michael squeak
02-06-13, 09:50 AM
My gearbox broke last night. Going to be fitting a new one this week, do they come of with engine sat normal?

This isn't a question for mechanical as I no how to swap it just need to no if there will be
Enough room lol

Marcusgeorge
02-06-13, 10:39 AM
Pretty sure it's going be challenging. I would leave the engine mount on its last few threads so it gives you some free play to wiggle it around. But obviously support the engine lol

Nobby
02-06-13, 12:41 PM
lol its just the same as any other gearbox swap if anything easier as there is no subframe!! You will have to drop the engine on a jack slowly when you have removed all the gearbox mounts to aid the angle of getting it in and out :thumb:

Andy
02-06-13, 01:00 PM
whats broke on the box?
why not just replace the cluster?

michael squeak
02-06-13, 02:59 PM
I don't really no what's happened to it, the linkage popped off just down the road from my house ,
so I put it in 2nd to drive about a mile, slow, then I couldn't set the gears back up, it's in neutral on the box, all the pins in the box line up but it's stuck in gear :/ so easier to change the box,

staggy_gsi
02-06-13, 07:58 PM
When i did mine i had to drop the engine down on a jack as said above....

turbojolt
02-06-13, 08:01 PM
I would be tempted to undo the 8 bolts/nuts holding the shock, ball joints and tie bars in place to gain extra room to remove it aswell, wouldn't take you 10 mins to drop it all out and move it out of the way

Andy
03-06-13, 12:48 AM
so easier to change the box,
Is it? Ok....