PDA

View Full Version : Heated front seats?

Topmanbeny
31-05-13, 09:02 PM
My 85 sr has a heated front seat button in the dash which I thought was just in it because vauxhall just deemed it cost effective to leave it in the dash wether you had heated seats or not but I've got a live feed from wiring loom but it's not powering anything and likewise there's no plug or power going to the seat switch so I'm wondering if these two points should be connected some how? Also my seat don't look to have any elements or power point attachments on them ? Any help much would be lovely and yes I really should get a Hanes manual lol

Topmanbeny
01-06-13, 03:31 PM
SureLy someone atleast knows if it should have heated front seats

nova_niek
01-06-13, 04:42 PM
AFAIK heated seats were an option on Scandinavian cars.

mk1nova_rich
01-06-13, 04:52 PM
AFAIK heated seats were an option on Scandinavian cars.

I was going to say I didn't think they were available in UK Novas, bit silly why they had the switch rather than the blank

kent14sr
01-06-13, 05:04 PM
You would need to install the heating pads into the seats, as they are not fitted to UK models.

All mk1 Novas had the symbol under the switch blank, but the wiring is not part of the wiring loom either in the UK so you would need to construct a wiring loom.

I have seen a few owners fit a switch to control the engine fan or another ancillary into the blank where the heated seat symbol is - are you sure someone hasn't done this?

millworm
01-06-13, 08:09 PM
where about on the dash is that iv'e never seen that?

bazzap8389
01-06-13, 08:12 PM
Is it a switch next to the electric window? If so mine is the same and not wired to anything.

kent14sr
01-06-13, 08:33 PM
where about on the dash is that iv'e never seen that?

Remove the blanking plate next to the switch for the rear wash/wipe - its underneath that.

Southie
01-06-13, 08:38 PM
This is my old Nova which I got extra switches and fit the radiator fan on a flick switch to the heated seat switch. Also there's the blank for the front foglights but I didn't wire that up.

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/MINE/560c49d7.jpg

Topmanbeny
02-06-13, 02:03 PM
That's awesome just wanted to know if it was just in there for show which is clearly the case , put a test light on my rear fog light switch and I've got no power coming from the main loom which is my next concern , ps cheers for the pic southie putting my dash back in will be made a lot Easyer by having that pic to hand

Southie
02-06-13, 04:59 PM
Glad to help :)

Topmanbeny
02-06-13, 08:19 PM
Bloody annoying trying to put things back in when you weren't the one that took them out