PDA

View Full Version : Bit of farming record breaking for all you machinery nuts

CP
27-08-03, 09:49 PM
Below is a report form farming online

AND IT WAS A CLAAS LEXION THIS TIME, TOO
Records are there to be broken, and no sooner was a new 1000 tonne unofficial harvesting record for one combine set in Wiltshire earlier this month, (by a CLAAS LEXION 480) than it was broken by a new CLAAS LEXION 580 working in Nottinghamshire.

The pre-production tracked LEXION 580 operated by Bingham based Farmeco set the new unofficial record on Friday 22nd August when it cleared 1018 tonnes from 104.7ha of Claire in just 14.92 threshing hours and 15.88 working hours, beating the previous time by nearly four hours.

"A particular feature of the new LEXION 580 is its high power output, and this played a major part in ensuring high outputs could be maintained as unlike the previous record, the combine was fitted with a smaller 7.5m (25ft) Vario cutterbar, was working in a lower yielding crop and was chopping the straw for good measure," says the company.

IT WAS CLAIRE
Average yield from the 104ha of Claire was 9.72t/ha with moisture at 14.7% and a bushel weight of about 81kg/hl. Starting at 7.00am, despite the smaller header overall average output from the combine was 68.30 tonnes/hour and it was consistently running at about 70tonnes/hour but peaks of up to 94 tonnes/hour were achieved on a number of occasions with forward speeds up to 11km/h. ?The weather conditions were perfect and the crop thrashed particularly well,? says Keith Challon of Farmeco. ?I know we can improve on this and hopefully break the 100t/hr barrier, so we will definitely be back next year with a wider 9m header in hopefully a higher yielding crop.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1000 tonnes is a big shed full - about half a football pitch to the height of about 4 meters. If it were made into bread it would be enough for getting on for 2 million loaves

Mark
27-08-03, 09:52 PM
I had been considering John Deere, but now I think I will take a look at the Lexion Range.
Thanks CP

Stuart
27-08-03, 09:53 PM
shit the bed.

the floor store where i used to work would hold about 900 tonnes,

I managed to cart enough in one day to 1/3 fill it lol infact it was the farsm personal record of 390tonnes in a day, sounds naff by comparison.

oh the lexie range is stunning (well as stunning as a combine gets lol)

Ste_Nova
28-08-03, 10:17 AM
:cry: we don't have any flat fields in wales

http://www.harvesting.com/combine/cat/photos/photos/claas-flex.jpg

ade
28-08-03, 11:00 AM
lol

That thing needs a sun strip!

:lol:

and the one behind is a nice yellow 8)

got the paint code?

:lol:

rallyslag
28-08-03, 11:06 AM
Qualiti, the last time we combined on my place, we did 16 tonnes in about a day!!!

Do you think it might be a record breaker? :lol:

Stuart
28-08-03, 10:41 PM
I broke a the windscreen on the one thats like that in the pic lol

boss wasnt annoyed at the cost ?900 (or ?50 on ins excess), but was more annoyed that we lost a days work with refitting it

CP
28-08-03, 11:54 PM
The largest Lexion 580 is running well over 500hp as standard out of a V8 twin turbo Merc. engine with a power reserve boost feature whereby the ECU gives you and extra 50hp in tough going. In all it has 42% torque backup.
Retails at ?185,000 , has a mini fridge and a rear view camera. To make sure you can steer accurately it has an automatic steering device based on a laser guidance system.

Stuart
29-08-03, 01:15 PM
a mobile house, that you can make some dosh from in the summer ;) bargin lol