PDA

View Full Version : Decat help

edkillick
27-05-13, 09:12 PM
Looking to decat the nova, just unsure what to put in place of the cat? Been told by some people to just use some flexi pipe and weld it on, and others have said just use scaffold pipe?! What has everyone else used? Just need some more opinions before I go welding haha

Marcusgeorge
27-05-13, 09:27 PM
Don't use scaffolding pipe it's not designed for it. Does it already have a flexi ??

mowgli
27-05-13, 09:28 PM
what engine?? if its a 1.2, then its probably not worth it...

also, anyone using scaffold pipe is the biggest w-anchor on the planet... its 2"od but about 1 1/2" id and is seriosly restrictive & heavy...

edkillick
28-05-13, 03:37 PM
what engine?? if its a 1.2, then its probably not worth it...

also, anyone using scaffold pipe is the biggest w-anchor on the planet... its 2"od but about 1 1/2" id and is seriosly restrictive & heavy...
It is only a 1.2 but the damn thing scrapes on loads and has loads of dents and scratches all over it so just wanna take it off incase it hits anything hard and bends the whole system haha. I don't think it has any flexi on it at the moment, just been told by my dad to get some flexi pipe and put it in its place, need to know the measurements as well

MK999
28-05-13, 04:07 PM
get some exhaust polybushes from rallydesign instead, they will lift the system up a bit more than the standard crap Vauxhall rubber ones, and they might not snap in half either