PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall Nova SR 2.0 16v C20XE fitted.

oVerboost
26-05-13, 03:41 PM
Vauxhall Nova SR owned by a mature enthusiast, not a boy racer! Car comes with a very long MOT and road tax so is ready to drive away. 5 previous owners.

Finished in rare option of Laser Blue metallic. The Nova is in excellent condition, with no rust on the rear arches or anywhere else on the exterior of the car. I bought this as I wanted another nova as a "toy" to have for nice days, weekends, shows and club meets. However, I have recently bought a new house which needs more work than first thought, so sadly the second car has to go. It will be sadly missed, as it took me a long time to find one as clean as this with the c20xe conversion already carried out (properly) and not just thrown in with no strengthening to the front end. This has had everything that you would need to have done, carried out and the engine goes really well. The car itself started out as a 1.4 8v SR (last of the mk1 shape) and is still registered as a 1.4 with the DVLA. Insurance and tax is cheap as it falls under classic car policy insurance. This can be changed with the DVLA if the new owner wishes.

The bottom of the doors are all solid too, the only small rust patch that I can see is on the inside edge of the drivers door, but this is surface rust and isn't bad at all. There are a few very light scratches on the roof near the sunroof, but unless you look for them you'll struggle to notice them.

If I were to keep it, the only thing I would change would be the interior, and to get hold of some original SR seats, to keep it looking as original as possible. Too many nova's fell into the wrong hands and got ruined, they are great little cars and this one turns heads everywhere it goes.

The engine has had the lambda bypass modification carried out to the ECU as the engine was originally from a 1993 Astra GSI so would have been fitted with a lambda sensor and catalyst. This does not have those items fitted, so the ECU has been modified to run correctly without these fitted. The car is good on fuel, does not smoke when cold or when hot.

The locks, fuel cap, boot lock are all the same key, and they all work correctly. The headlining was never in the car when I bought it, but a vehicle re-trimmers could probably make one to fit or you could try to find one from another vehicle/scrapyard I never got round to it as it wasn't too important.

Brakes are good and responsive, all the lights work, all switches work (wiper switch sometimes sticks, but this is a common fault). There are no dents on the car, and the panels line up correctly. The headlining is missing, as it was damaged however a vehicle trimmers could make one up easily enough as its only vinyl. The heaters as with all nova's are not great, but I only use the car on dry days so it wasn't something that really bothered me too much, again this is probably something that could be sorted out with little effort. The headlining is missing but this never bothered me, and a vehicle trimmers could make a new one up easily enough from vinyl. The clocks are also currently not working as the printed circuit board is damaged, so if I find a set to change before selling I will do if not then a used set can be bought from ebay or a breakers yard cheap enough and is an easy job to swap. The speedo itself works, but the rev counter/fuel gauge and temperature are currently not working (all did work until the clocks failed and the car does not overheat or run hot, fan works etc). I have mentioned the bad points as I would rather let anyone know before hand, but don't let these small issues put you off what is a really great Nova, in one of, if not THE best colour available with thousands spent and in good, straight original condition.

This in my personal view, is truly is one of the nicest Nova's left in this condition, original looking, fast and will only go up in value as the years pass and they become even rarer.

No time wasters or test pilots, test drives only if you have valid car insurance to cover you to drive the car, cash on collection. £2400 ono

Car is also advertised on eBay.

Engine:

2.0 16v C20XE conversion, F16 close ratio gearbox, Group N Chipped ECU, Anderson racing 700 camshafts, lambda bypass modification, Mantzel power cap, ARP bolts, induction kit, Baffled competition sump, engine bay fully seam welded, uprated mounts, custom brackets.

Suspension:

SPAX gas shock absorbers & SPAX lowering springs (-60mm all round), Front & Rear strut braces.

Brakes:

Cavalier Turbo front calipers/discs/pads.

Wheels / Tyres:

16" Speedline Alessio alloy wheels resprayed in anthracite (with good tyres all round).

Interior:

Recaro EVO4 front seats.

Exterior:

Ariel removed and hole smoothed, rear wiper removed, bumpers painted anthracite.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/cossiecris/HDRside_zps171f544a.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/cossiecris/HDRtop_zps3fa7de2a.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/cossiecris/HDRback_zps81ecc820.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/cossiecris/BB1B14E7-439D-4843-A8DD-6396D5E65A9A-31530-00000E74CAB7ABB4_zps99731234.jpg

BENDOGGER
27-05-13, 08:46 AM
Any pics of inside mate

oVerboost
27-05-13, 08:48 AM
Here you go bud...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/cossiecris/null_zps18544ef4.jpg

Plug
03-06-13, 10:01 PM
you selling up already?? how comes?

shaun larnder
03-06-13, 11:00 PM
Iam tempted by this, always liked it.
Is it as good underneath as on top ?

Thanks Shaun.

oVerboost
04-06-13, 07:13 PM
It's solid, but it needs a small patch painting in underseal (drivers footwell area) and the sills, although solid on the drivers side someone has jacked it up incorrectly and bent it slightly, but as I say they are solid but I like to be honest as possible... :)

oVerboost
04-06-13, 07:14 PM
you selling up already?? how comes?

I can't justify having a toy at the moment, we have just bought ourselves our first home and it needs a few more bits than first thought, so selling to free up some cash. Plus me and the gf have a car each, and the nova deserves more than to sit outside when winter arrives, so want to sell before it even has a chance of being ruined.

oVerboost
05-06-13, 10:25 PM
Deposit received. :(

womble sri
08-06-13, 07:38 AM
Is it gone?

oVerboost
08-06-13, 09:11 PM
Yep, sorry bud. :( Just gone now.

Now I'll have to get the Astra remapped to Stage 2 to make up for the loss of the nova's excitement! :(