PDA

View Full Version : Does a GSi have a Carbon Canister???

Novas.5u.com-Chris
27-08-03, 06:31 PM
Just wondering if anyone with a Nova GSi has noticed if it has a Carbon Canister for the fuel tank breathers?? I have a 93 K reg one (but probably built in 92 as it has no cat or lambda probe etc.) and since I fitted a new fuel tank to it petrol leaks out of the breathers when its full. The breather was just routed along the side of the tank to the N/s of the car, just venting to atmosphere. I put it back there and it leaks. I tried putting it abouve the level of the tank and it still leaks?? Any ideas?? Should there be a carbon canister like on the 1.2 injections??

leepwoollard
28-08-03, 11:47 AM
i would have thought it would have i have a 93 sri and mine does

geordie_racer
28-08-03, 12:50 PM
just block it off as id guess sum1's removed the carbon canister and missed blocking this pipe

Ste_Nova
28-08-03, 01:08 PM
only cat ones do....

if it leaks there is something wrong with the tank, or u have fitted it wrong

Novas.5u.com-Chris
28-08-03, 02:05 PM
just block it off as id guess sum1's removed the carbon canister and missed blocking this pipe
You cant just block it off cos' it allows the tank to breath, belive me, Ive tried it.
Ive got an alloy petrol cap and didn't think the seal was very good so I thought it would be ok to block off the pipe. Unfortunatly after driving for a weekend like this i couldnt get the petrol cap off!!!!!! It was sucked onto the body. It took a good bit of force to get it off, and because of the vacume inside the tank, the tank had collapsed in on itself!!!!!!!!!!
I blocked the pipe off again and put pressure in the petrol filler with an air line, which popped the tank most of the way back out, but it still aint rite. I can only put ?25 in it now!!!!
:roll: :roll: :oops:

geordie_racer
28-08-03, 02:29 PM
mines blocked off and ive had no problem with it. suppose u could always mae some sort of catchment tank like 4 a crankcase breather but if it's leaking petrol then i think theres a problem with either the tank or the fitment

chris