PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me??

EwanG
25-05-13, 06:35 PM
Is it just my experience? Whenever I drive my nova other drivers tailgate me or try to race. If I do 50mph in my mk5 golf the driver behind keeps his/her distance but if I am driving the nova doing 60mph the driver behind tailgates me or tries to overtake me. What is their problem and has anyone else experienced this problem :confused:

raf24
25-05-13, 06:39 PM
Yes,this morning when i had my nova out..some old fart in a shiity chrysler sebring :wtf:lol

EwanG
25-05-13, 06:46 PM
Yes,this morning when i had my nova out..some old fart in a shiity chrysler sebring :wtf:lol
It really p*sses me off as these tw*ts dont realise how much you love the car you are driving,care for,cherish and they disregard it as some piece of sh*t that should have been scrappped years ago.

Jack
25-05-13, 06:51 PM
The GT4 gets a lot more respect on the road than the cav or Nova does.

Mind you, some numpty in a Corsa VXR decided it would make his penis 18" long by blatting away from the Nova at 70mph in a 30 zone earlier. lol

EwanG
25-05-13, 07:24 PM
The GT4 gets a lot more respect on the road than the cav or Nova does.

Mind you, some numpty in a Corsa VXR decided it would make his penis 18" long by blatting away from the Nova at 70mph in a 30 zone earlier. lol
I dislike vxr's new style vauxhalls are utter crap. Old skood vauxhalls or new style vw's lol

Dan Stanley
25-05-13, 07:29 PM
I have the opposite. I never get anyone trying to race me when I drive my nova. Perhaps I should've gone down the Fast & Furious styling route rather than the Grandad's retro sleeper route! lol

marc69
25-05-13, 07:38 PM
in the SR some folk think they will out do me in initial take off but in the xe, well I think they see what is rushing up behind them, may have basic model look but stance gives it away a little lol

novadave24
25-05-13, 07:47 PM
yeah I got a lot in my gte even if I was lost still get people trying it and always looking at it .

kellynovaaaa
25-05-13, 08:04 PM
Forever having little chavs in their saxos and micras sitting up my bum and trying to race/overtake me, thought it was because I'm a female but it seems to be the awesomeness of the nova I guess

millworm
25-05-13, 08:52 PM
My nova is a magnet for them, I had a civic race me the other day and last week I got novertaken by a nova saloon. had someone in an SD1 smoke me off the lights too on the day I passed.

mowgli
25-05-13, 09:22 PM
i won't take any of them on in a built up area, or a low speed limit area..

last year, i was going down the A5 towards the m69 in a 40 zone... a (according to the stickers) tuned up diesel astra mk6 & his mate in a vectra decided to carve me up on the entry to a roundabout. the rh lane is straight on, so they went up the left lane 1st...
when i got to the m69 sliproad, i simply accelerated to the speed limit a lot more vigorously than they did.......

Mike
25-05-13, 09:22 PM
Never used to get it in the Nova's. Get it all the time in the Corsa though.

chrisd1986
25-05-13, 09:31 PM
I dont get it in my nova but i do with my mk4 golf prob because its a 20vt but its usualy kids in saxos (WTF) altho the last person i beat with it cost me a rear engine mount but it was worth it

Nova00
25-05-13, 09:43 PM
perhaps just wants a closer look at the car ?
Usually just a thumbs up as they pass

mowgli
25-05-13, 09:51 PM
are you sure its not simply cos a nova has masses of rearward visibility when compared to all newer cars?

raf24
25-05-13, 10:12 PM
perhaps just wants a closer look at the car ?
Usually just a thumbs up as they pass

I did actually have a guy in a bmw today beep & give me a thumbs up when we were side by side in traffic.

mowgli
25-05-13, 10:13 PM
over the last couple of years, i've had people in all manner of oldish cars wave at me.. i know we don't exactly have classic status with novas just yet, but its slowly getting there

Mazz
25-05-13, 10:33 PM
No, never - gets quite annoying tbh, i'd quite like to hand some chav their ****!

Nova00
25-05-13, 10:47 PM
lol
the inevitable result of spotted threads on PNG and elsewhere

I did actually have a guy in a bmw today beep & give me a thumbs up when we were side by side in traffic.