PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall Nova Redtop Rally car

flatout618
25-05-13, 03:08 PM
Lively Vauxhall Nova Redtop rally car. This is left hand drive so is a little unique. The car has been rebuilt and is not for the faint hearted.

2.0 xe running twin 40 dcoes managed by a Canems mapable ignition system which plugs into a laptop to tweek advance curve etc rev counter, shift light.The engine had new rings ARP rod bolts, Water/Oil Pump, Gaskets etc.
Reprofiled cams and a 4-2-1 manifold using a magnex SS system.
F20 gearbox close ratio NOT straight cut.
Height adjustable front shocks 25% uprated Bilstiens on the rear.

Astra GTE 16v brakes all round, hydraulic h/brake, Bias pedal box.
Carbon fibre foot rest/door cards,
Flocked dash,suede steering wheel, battery box in boot.
Perspex window kit not windscreen,fibreglass bonnet/boot and bonnet pod.
16pt custom cages welded in cage,
Cobra Monaco seats 5years left.
Sabelt 5pt harnesses 2013 date.
TSW 15" alloys using Yokohama prada 2's loads of tread left.
The shell was used on gravel before I bought it so shows signs of use.
This is a rally car not a street racer mobile. It has cost me too much in time and money and a big change in circumstances force a reluctant sale. Being a left hooker is not really an issue I found it very easy changing gear with my right hand and the hydraulic handbrake makes it easy for major adjustments in driving direction too. Its probably cost me in the region of 5500 to get it to where it is now. There is no MSA logbook on the car. The car looks good drives great and is a head turner with the twin 40's gurgling away. Up close and personal there are a few battle scars but nothing to cause concern at all. Very little required to get logbooked ideal for hillclimbing/sprint etc.

Looking for around the 4300 mark. There are photos on piston heads too if you want to view them.
Call for any more info: 07837665163