PDA

View Full Version : 20xe will not fire

Gibbo
24-05-13, 07:04 PM
Hello im needing some help on getting my 20xe started
the car was runing fine took the afm and the ecu off to try on my mates nova.put my afm back on and put my mates ecu on mine and it was makeing everything on the engine tick tick tick and the fuel pump pulsing with the ignition on.(not running) so i got my ecu back and put it on mine and it will not fire.Seems to over fuel.cleaned the plugs and still nothing.cleaned them agen put my foot down to the floor and it started up but was missing for abit left it ticking over,went to rev it and cut out.Now it will not fire up agen
any help will be grate.

Gibbo
24-05-13, 10:20 PM
its putting way to much fuel in any idears on why it could be doing it

Southie
24-05-13, 10:25 PM
He's already posted this hasn't he, wasn't his supposed to be "chipped"?

What's the chip?? It could be knackered and not setup properly and may have been setup for someone's engine that may of had uprated engine parts fitted so the fuelling could be all over the place.

Gibbo
24-05-13, 10:52 PM
no mate this is my engine and one of my there mates car is doing it aswell iv put my own ecu back on its not fireing its putting loads if fuel in the pots

oVerboost
24-05-13, 11:13 PM
Perhaps there is a wiring fault (loom?) with the car this was plugged into, and its now caused a fault with your ECU? Rare I admit, but worth considering... Try a ECU reset and see if that helps? Check nothing has been disturbed on your ECU plug too.

Gibbo
24-05-13, 11:52 PM
i will have a good look tomorrow how do i reset the ecu

jimbob-mcgrew
25-05-13, 05:14 PM
disconnect the battery overnight, and the power should drain out of it

Gibbo
26-05-13, 12:27 AM
iv done it now,mine and my mates it was the cts on both:tard:
Iv changed the oil and filter to day and now it seems abit tappy.?

J398SUR
16-07-13, 09:20 PM
Power Drain out of the ECU ?