PDA

View Full Version : Fitting new throttle position sensor

oVerboost
23-05-13, 09:46 PM
I have got hold of a brand new TPS for my c20xe'd Nova. I have a question, in does it need to be set up or positioned in a certain way? I know you can adjust it by the fitting, but unsure of the correct way.

Thanks.

kolin
24-05-13, 06:20 AM
If you do not know about installation so why you are installing by yourself go to garage and fix it up. You cab adjusts it but you required the correct way then only it will work good.

meritlover
24-05-13, 07:49 AM
If you do not know about installation so why you are installing by yourself go to garage and fix it up. You cab adjusts it but you required the correct way then only it will work good.

because if he asks the question he will then know the correct way and be able to fit it himself. If that is your theory then there is zero point to this forum. No one should ask questions and just take their car to the garage.

if its a switch type you will need a Ohmeter or continuity tester on the swich and it should change state just as the throttle opens off its stop.

i think between 18 and 3 the the resistance should be zero with the throttle closed and it should be infinit just as the throttle cracks off idle.

Pistol Pete
24-05-13, 10:13 AM
When i had idle issues with mine, i reset the TPS. lol bit of a bodge way, but i listened for the "click" and tightened it. Actually, it described this as the method in the C20XE manual! Did the trick. Will try and find my original reply.

Slackened the screws and listen for the faint "click" just as the throttle flap opens.

meritlover
24-05-13, 10:25 AM
yes, if you can hear the state of the switch changing then its exactly the same as doing it with a meter.

Pistol Pete
24-05-13, 01:06 PM
I dont have a meter, hence doing it this way.

oVerboost
24-05-13, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the replies, well almost all of them lol