PDA

View Full Version : Nova c20xe fuel pump location ??

Marcusgeorge
23-05-13, 09:46 AM
Hi guys I was just wondering where everyone mounts there fuel pump for an xe conversion ??

mowgli
23-05-13, 11:27 AM
Well, it all depends what type of fuel tank you are planning to use.

If you use a gte/gsi type tank, then the fuel pump assembly fits onto the rh rear chassis leg, there are 2 holes in it to take special captive nuts.

If you are using a later mk2 with spi as a donor, then you simply swap the existing in tank pump for a corsa b/ astra mk3/ daewoo mpi pump, but make sure it measures up the same length before fitting, as the pipes can get squashed.

If you are using a carb tank, fit it wherever you like as long as you have a return line, but never let it go below 1/2 full, or it will suck air every time you try to go fast round rh bends

Marcusgeorge
23-05-13, 11:45 AM
Yea I am using a gsi tank where the fuel comes out towards the back of the car ?? But the pump I am using isn't of a gsi so I will see if I have space for it there

Can't be using a carb tank. Cars going be under some heavy cornering when it's done hahahah

mowgli
23-05-13, 12:02 PM
Cars going be under some heavy cornering when it's done hahahah

thats the png way...... i like it

Marcusgeorge
23-05-13, 12:38 PM
Hahahah aha has to be done to many people who thinks there cars are quick round by where I live. :p