PDA

View Full Version : turbo diesel dump valve ?

Brasso93
22-05-13, 10:32 PM
I know that a dump valve can be fitted to a diesel engine but what benefit/disadvantages do they have to performance and running of the engine ??

Stuart
22-05-13, 10:43 PM
Venting measured and fuelled for air to the outside world.... No.

Brasso93
22-05-13, 11:08 PM
English please ??

Stuart
22-05-13, 11:09 PM
Its a disadvantage.

brucer
22-05-13, 11:22 PM
on petrol cars with a throttle plate the boost hasnt got no where to go once coming off the throttle, as diesels dont have one (yes some do have shut off flaps/valves etc before somebody shoots me) it wouldnt actually be of any benefit as stuart has said, right?

L14MNP
23-05-13, 12:43 AM
English please ??

lol lol

Get yourself a TDi VAG and slip the clutch. Yeeeeeahhhh boooooiiii!

Brasso93
23-05-13, 10:11 AM
lol lol

Get yourself a TDi VAG and slip the clutch. Yeeeeeahhhh boooooiiii!

Sounds tempting lol

So if someone were to fit a dump valve to a diesel it would waste boost and make a noise and thats it ?? Correct? ?

mowgli
23-05-13, 11:22 AM
Its a waste of money, fuel & horsepower

Stuart
23-05-13, 12:16 PM
I dont think it will make the kind of noise you are after.

Jack
23-05-13, 12:17 PM
So if someone were to fit a dump valve to a diesel it would waste boost and make a noise and thats it ?? Correct? ?
Yeah, pretty much.

The cav had one fitted when I bought it, got spud to remove it prior to me picking it up though lol

Spudly
23-05-13, 07:43 PM
Yeah, pretty much.

The cav had one fitted when I bought it, got spud to remove it prior to me picking it up though lol

Lmfao, no you didnt, i informed you it had been removed/blanked off when you came for it, first thing i did, iirc it wasnt getting full boost because of the dv bleeding boost lol

If you have a diesel, and a dv, you should install it....

In the bin lol

Brasso93
23-05-13, 08:28 PM
Lmfao, no you didnt, i informed you it had been removed/blanked off when you came for it, first thing i did, iirc it wasnt getting full boost because of the dv bleeding boost lol

If you have a diesel, and a dv, you should install it....

In the bin lol

Well im currently in the process of purchasing a diesel nova van and there is an old hks dv off the brothers subaru so I questioned it got my answers and decided no lol lol lok