PDA

View Full Version : Dash_lights...!

Barn
27-08-03, 04:23 PM
I know some1 posted pics of their blue LED dash lights and wisewood sayin that they look abit bright but I can't remember what post it was in and now i can't find the post...! :x
Does anyone know were the pics are and how i can do it? My rev counter dash light has jus packed in and I'm thinkin I mite aswell do the job now.

Cheers

djp_y2k
27-08-03, 07:36 PM
lol. I have one light on my hole dsh that works and that flickers on and of when u drive.

Bloody annoying really.

I think it was freak who had all the blue leds. May be wrong.

Barn
28-08-03, 10:27 PM
Thanks mate :wink:

blaiz
29-08-03, 09:12 PM
yer i sumtimes av 2 punch my dash 2 get some of the lights working..! makes 4 sore knuckles!!

if i remember correctly, whoever it woz that had the blue dash only had the LEDs or woteva they used on the outside of the dash.. stuck em so they woz facin the dials and made em glow blue..

if u woz gona do it properly i spose ud av2 take the dash apart and replace the apropriate lights wiv LEDs (colour of ur choice) but i rekon theyd av2 b high powered 1's, like wot u can get from maplin fairly cheap...??!

Barn
29-08-03, 09:59 PM
Got some LEDs from my local 'sparesworld' but when I got the clocks out, they were just way too big for the bulb-holes. mite just get some glass paint and paint the bulbs?
Where the hell could u stick the LED pointer things so that it looks 'tidy' and not tacky? Ideas anyone?

dikharvey
29-08-03, 11:39 PM
i tried to light my clocks replacing the bulbs with LED but is doesnt work in a Nova becuase the faces are light by light bouncing around and LED dont do this.

Most cars are lit from the back and the bit they need to light up are cut out, like a stensil.

BadBoyNeil
29-08-03, 11:53 PM
I got green sidelight bulbs illuminating my dash clocks. Took ten minutes to put in a look a helluva lot better than shitty normal bulbs.

moffat sri
30-08-03, 10:14 AM
Take a look at www.mjdesignsuk.com They do custom dials and i'm sure that they could do exactly what you want and a lot more with your clocks and stuff.

Kingsleykock
30-08-03, 04:09 PM
I've got 2 blue LED spotlights, i wired them behind the dash so you can only see a tiny bit of wire. The cable is just long enough to reach from the ciggy lighter to the dash and the adapter fits into a MK1 ciggy tray even when its closed. check out what it looks like on my very topical nova :( ... http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1051

you can check them out on the halfords website too, very cheap :!:
http://www.halfords.com/shop/item.asp?cat=1&sub=47&id=203802

Freak
30-08-03, 06:09 PM
You have to take the bulbs out of the holders (hard yes) and put the resistiors and leds in

Have pics of mine somewhere-took ages to do

well worth it-especially with half white SRi dials

Aamir
01-09-03, 03:02 PM
Wide Angle LEDs have a better light spread,
but are a little bit more expensive !

Barn
01-09-03, 08:41 PM
ta guys. dunno wot I'm goin 2 do tho....paint bulbs,put LEDs behind dash, point them towards the clocks...mmmm duno like

:?:

steve-o
02-09-03, 08:09 AM
i got a set of LED;s and they dont work, need to change them back to normal bulbs :(

roge
02-09-03, 04:30 PM
FREAK why ya gotta use resistors? wot resistors etc?
[/quote]

Freak
02-09-03, 05:09 PM
because the LEDS will blow if you put 12v through them.......

dikharvey
02-09-03, 07:54 PM
I recently obught some LEDs that say they have an integral resistor. Not tryed them yet!

roge
09-09-03, 03:04 AM
www.maplin.co.uk have 12v LEDs and 12v superbright LED's, which means ya don't need resistors. I'm gunna buy sum in the next couple of days, an will post a pic when they're fitted. Look in the standard LED section, they come in yellow, green or red. all the 12v ones are wideangle too. They're aboot 25p each

Barn
09-09-03, 10:15 PM
nice one mate....get some pics up when its done :+:

Jack
16-09-03, 12:43 PM
Speeding do superbright LEDs (the ?14 ones) which are like 4 together in a normal style bulb holder...they're a bit dim, but you can still see the dials ok in the dark... i wouldn't recommend the normal diffused LEDs or painting normal bulbs... i painted some, the bulbs got hot and the paint melted lol :|

linzTDI
16-09-03, 01:14 PM
I've got 2 blue LED spotlights, i wired them behind the dash so you can only see a tiny bit of wire. The cable is just long enough to reach from the ciggy lighter to the dash and the adapter fits into a MK1 ciggy tray even when its closed. check out what it looks like on my very topical nova :( ... http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1051

you can check them out on the halfords website too, very cheap :!:
http://www.halfords.com/shop/item.asp?cat=1&sub=47&id=203802

I been wanting my clocks to look like that i aint got white dials tho i have been looking about for some and they have some on e bay so i am currently bidding for them