PDA

View Full Version : New engine & chevy Mods

novanumpt
27-08-03, 01:11 PM
I have recently blown my novas engine and was thinking of stripping the back seats out and dropping a 350CID small block chevy engine in with calibre 4wd system and transmision I was wondering if there is any problems with the engine cooling due to it be positioned some distance from the standard rad.
Would a underbody mounted radiator be effecient enough to cool this lump??

I really don't want to scrap my nova as its my pride and joy.

Thanks numpt

Ps has anyone got one of those frog shapped pine air fresheners by auto glym as I wanted to use it as a logo on the dash.

Stuart
27-08-03, 04:46 PM
erm wake up dreamer

geordie_racer
27-08-03, 06:13 PM
it can be done but will be such a major job i couldn't c it ever getting finished. basically ud have 2 mount a nova shell onto a calibra floorplan in theory 2 get the 4x4 to work then ud have problems with gearbox linkages and driveshafts etc. b a major project

mikeyredtop
28-08-03, 09:49 AM
i think it would'nt be hard i plan to put a rover v8 in a nova evantually. would just have to weld a turret through the middle of the car for the longditudinal (cant spell that) gearbox and prop shaft, matchin the rear diff could be a problem but it could be worked out..

geordie_racer
28-08-03, 12:44 PM
puttin the engine itself in isn't the hardest thing it's goin 4x4 that presents the problems