PDA

View Full Version : Gsi running in safe mode??

Dannova12
26-08-03, 10:28 PM
The ecu warning light has come on on the dash board, i ony managed to limp back to my workshop and now it doesnt want to start, sounds as if its fuel starved, any ideas, or will i have to book it in to vauxhall for a diagnosis???

Stuart
26-08-03, 10:32 PM
on topbuzz.co.uk there is a guide to getting the fault codes from the ECU.

Dannova12
03-09-03, 02:10 AM
its just ready a constant code 12
which means the system is fine,

it seems like its fuel starved, is there a fuel cut off to the pump anywhere??

craig green
03-09-03, 09:42 AM
Check any vac pipes to regulator etc. Is it early GSi? Siemens ECU or later cat equipped Multec? I have found over time that nobody really knows anything about GTE/GSi management systems.

Dannova12
08-09-03, 12:43 AM
its a h plate 1990,

its really fucking me off now, pump etc seems to be working fine, its a probablem that happened all of a sudden one minute it was fine the next it was fooooked!

Please help the car is stranded at my workshop and i need rid off it so i can carry on with the bodywork on my 2.0 16v

Chris
10-09-03, 03:05 PM
why not try removing the inlet fuel pipe to the fuel rail and flick the ignition on and off, as the fuel pump should spin up for a couple of seconds. if there is fuel there then try injectors?

moffat sri
11-09-03, 12:51 AM
Starved of fuel? could it be a faulty fuel pressure regulator if it's nothing to do with the fuel pump and lines?[/b]