PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen coverage by single wiper

moffat sri
26-08-03, 07:51 PM
This only really applies to any of you with PROPER single wiper kits.
Next time your car is dirty, before you wash it, take a snap of how much of the screen the wiper covers and stick it up here as a reply.
It's just that mine is meant to have a proper kit on it but i think i should have more coverage than what i do. I'll take a snap of my own if i get a hold of a camera shortly.
Or is there any other way of tellin if it's a proper kit or a Mod'?

Cheers people.

mikeoxford
27-08-03, 12:03 AM
how bigs your blade?

moffat sri
27-08-03, 11:58 PM
can't remember. i got hold of a cotroen zx wiper arm though and chopped it and joined it so it would sit lower down the screen so that my sunstrip wasnt in the swept area as much, and also cos the hinge at the bottom of the arm was siezed. when i'd looked at my original wiper arm, it looked awfully like a ZX one but then i put them against each other and they were slightly different.
If you look at Fearless' avatar, you can see how far across to the nearside his wiper sits. well mines parked just to the nearside of the middle (slight flick of the stalk takes it central) but mine doesnt sweep the passenger side as far as what Fearless' is siting.

Jim
29-08-03, 09:01 PM
I have a Storm single wiper kit.

It doesn't clean as much of the windscreen area (as theres only one wiper obviously) but my visability is still good. In the off position the end of the wiper sits about 6" up from the bottom of the windscreen ( just above my tax disk) and sweeps across the whole windscreen. I've managed to adjust the wiper so that the blade covers an even amount of the windscreen from left to right.

Also, you say you got hold of a Citreon zx wiper arm :s This doesn't sound like a proper kit :?: . I'll try and get a picture of my windscreen this weekend.

This is how it sits usually, but the sweeping action starts about 2" lower than where the blade is at the minute and finishes in the same position on the drivers side giving me good visability.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1657

Jim

Barn
29-08-03, 10:02 PM
nice car BTW Jim :+:

I'm thinkin of getting a single wiper kit...how much was ur storm one mate?

moffat sri
30-08-03, 10:01 AM
Also, you say you got hold of a Citreon zx wiper arm :s This doesn't sound like a proper kit

No, i nicked it off a Citroen ZX cos it looked sort of the same as mine which was already on, except the hinge was siezed on mine and i couldn't change the blade. :roll:

Although mine sits in the middle, i dont think it wipes as far as where yours is parked in your picture.

Mickey Owens from this site knows the lad who i got my car from and he thinks it has a proper kit. :|

Jim
31-08-03, 10:05 AM
nice car BTW Jim :+:

I'm thinkin of getting a single wiper kit...how much was ur storm one mate?

Cheers Barney.

I got the Storm kit from a local car styling place called AutoXS. It was about ?80 for the kit. Probably more than what people would want to pay, but it works well, doesn't knock (like some kits can) and was easy to fit.

Jim

Aamir
01-09-03, 02:58 PM
PLEASE CAN YOU POST ME SOME PICS OF YOUR NOVA "J3 JGR",
GORGEOUS PAINTWORK !!!

Jim
01-09-03, 08:50 PM
PLEASE CAN YOU POST ME SOME PICS OF YOUR NOVA "J3 JGR",
GORGEOUS PAINTWORK !!!

I'll post some pics when it gets back from the bodyshop...the paintwork will be even nicer then :)

Jim