PDA

View Full Version : zafira clutch help

tiny
10-05-13, 08:27 PM
Evening,

My wife has an 02 Zafira 1.6 club and it is in need of a clutch but I am unsure which to get, Having been into the local motor factors they seemed to think there are 3 alternatives!

For reference, reverse is lift up and to the left of first

Thanks

mowgli
10-05-13, 08:44 PM
is it 16v or 8v??

there are different ones depending on the engine code.

the gear change is the same on gm boxes for that age car

when you have the engine code, click on the online catalogue link on my SIG \/\/ then follow the valeo clutch catalogue link

its a huge pdf, go to page 443 for zafira. but also scroll up to astra g if yours is not listed, cos i know for certain that they sold loads of early zafiras with the 1600 8v

John
10-05-13, 08:51 PM
Afaik the zafira never came with an 8v engine. I reckon the engine code will be z16xe. (16v) Ps your factors are crap if they can't decipher off the reg.

mowgli
10-05-13, 09:01 PM
i'm sure i've seen motability ones with them

meritlover
10-05-13, 09:20 PM
if you are going to guess the engine code, you might as well just guess what clutch it needs.

tiny
10-05-13, 09:22 PM
There is issues over here with doing things from registration marks as there is no letters in our registration ;)

plus, I popped into them during work so didn`t have the log book with me

tiny
10-05-13, 09:25 PM
thanks for your help, according to that I have the f13 gearbox in it

mantaphil
10-05-13, 09:30 PM
your car wont have a f23 gear box (right and down for reverse gear), so that rules it down to two. Why your auto factors asked you that i dont now, as only the 2.0l upwards had that box. The difference between the two clutch kits is the concentric slave cylinder which you wont know till you take the gearbox out.