PDA

View Full Version : Carb balancing kit

Gazza14SR
26-08-03, 12:13 PM
Anyone know where i can get hold of one of these, my local motor spares do not supply them neither do my local halfords.

I am after a twin gauge one.

Thanks

Aragorn
26-08-03, 08:14 PM
mate u REALLY should take the engine to a RR

mike oxford did what your trying to do by fixing it all himself and ended up fucking some piston rings

i SERIOUSLY advise taking the car to a rolling road and getting them setup properly

Stuart
26-08-03, 08:20 PM
the carbs will need blancing. so if hes capable then let him go for it. jsut you will have to take it to a RR at some point lol

Gazza14SR
26-08-03, 09:47 PM
its been 2 places for a RR in my area and theyve just completely f00ked me off/about, saying that things are wrong when theyre not and im gettin absolutely p!ssed off with it.

I wanna attempt to carry it out myself, if it costs me a new engine then so be it but from now on am doing things myself and not takin it somewhere.

Right all i want to know if where can i get a balancing kit from, ive got the guide off here to help me with the rest of it setting them up even if they dont run to their full 100% capabilities I am pretty sure i can get them running well.

Anyone know any places where i can order/buy one from?

Thanks

mowgli
26-08-03, 09:59 PM
pick up a copy of practical classics and check their suppliers adverts. lots of older cars (Lotus, MG etc) had twin carbs as std.

benji
27-08-03, 06:17 PM
where have you been for the tune up's mate?

from the reputations ive heard of and your story i'd say, a certain place on morley rd, chad. and a certain other place on stores rd, in town??

try velos or speak to CP on here and see if he can do it for you

Gazza14SR
27-08-03, 11:35 PM
wheres velos?

benji
28-08-03, 06:00 PM
go to burton on the a38 and come off at first burton exit, head into burton, past pirelli, keep going over 2/3 islands untill you get to 1 way system follow to the right and then left at the t junction. turn right at island and stay on that road in to the sticks. you will eventually come to a big new island, take the exit before the garage and then take the next right following signs for anslow. velos is in anslow but i'm not sure where