PDA

View Full Version : GSI on eBay.

oVerboost
04-05-13, 03:58 PM
Anyone else seen it? Looks tidy, but £5k is a lot, even though it is a one owner car I guess!

EwanG
04-05-13, 04:07 PM
Yeh 5k is alot but if it is absolute rust free it would be worth it. Also its very low miles. But I am sure the seller would drop the price a wee bit.

oVerboost
04-05-13, 04:37 PM
£4995? lol

scott.parker
04-05-13, 05:25 PM
Just had a look, if it's as rot free as it looks to be and is totally immaculate, then imo if I had the money I would pay at least £3/3500 but not 5 lol

oVerboost
04-05-13, 05:30 PM
I agree, I'd pay £4k for it if it was totally original and mint, but £5k is a lot of money when you look at what that gets you car wise these days, even retro/classic stuff!

scott.parker
04-05-13, 05:37 PM
£5k is a really clean good import skyline, or evo 5 etc lol there's plenty of good cars I would buy if I was spending £5k and another nova is not one of them..

Nick J
04-05-13, 05:59 PM
If its as good/genuine as it looks it will sell for top money..... Their wont be another genuine silk violet gsi with 27k on the clock that's for sure. Over the water she'll go! ;)

Nick.

bazil
04-05-13, 06:02 PM
Very much doubt it's genuine, 27,000 miles and its had a head gasket at the very least, defo had engine work anyway.

It's been for sale for about a year now as I saw it last year and seriously thought about buying it.

pie
04-05-13, 06:11 PM
i like the purple TD on there better :)

oVerboost
04-05-13, 06:15 PM
Purple TD? I saw the black one, but that's gone now and the paintwork looked a little dull/spray can-esque lol

pie
04-05-13, 06:18 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/VAUXHALL-NOVA-1-5-td-ISUZU-NOT-c20xe-c20let-redtop-corsa-/00/s/MTAyNFg3Njg=/z/WMkAAMXQI5tRhTIH/$T2eC16Z,!y8E9s2flCSCBRhTIHl6qg~~60_12.JPG

Paul16v
04-05-13, 06:19 PM
Its been modified ... Its not got speedlines on! I would be very suprised if its a genuine 27k.. as nick said it will likely go over the water or up to scotland!

scott.parker
04-05-13, 06:21 PM
Let the calts waste there money I say lol

kbnova
04-05-13, 06:29 PM
engine bay looks to rough to have 27k, my last gsi had 60k and looked far better than that, I would say its been by the 100k mark , but if its a mint it will sell., 4-5k is what a stone mint nova is worth to the rite fella, where do you go to get another

EwanG
04-05-13, 06:39 PM
Aye hopefully it comes to scotland. If the miles are genuine some idiot will buy it! If I was not an idiot I would not of bought mine lol.

waggygsi
04-05-13, 06:43 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/VAUXHALL-NOVA-1-5-td-ISUZU-NOT-c20xe-c20let-redtop-corsa-/00/s/MTAyNFg3Njg=/z/WMkAAMXQI5tRhTIH/$T2eC16Z,!y8E9s2flCSCBRhTIHl6qg~~60_12.JPG
That things an absolute dunger lol

Edd
04-05-13, 06:48 PM
No wonder Ireland went bust, spending all their money on rot boxes

That gsi will go there too IMO

DAFTJOHN
04-05-13, 06:50 PM
Well if folk paid 9k new and it's mint I guess 5k is a bargin lol

johnd
04-05-13, 07:10 PM
No wonder Ireland went bust, spending all their money on rot boxes

That gsi will go there too IMO

coulnt of said it better my self. people still selling cars over here that are well over priced and they still buy them.

scott.parker
04-05-13, 07:15 PM
coulnt of said it better my self. people still selling cars over here that are well over priced and they still buy them.

Why? i dont get it my self?

kent14sr
04-05-13, 07:19 PM
Not original stereo - its one out of a Carlton/Senator

scott.parker
04-05-13, 07:54 PM
Had a close look vis my laptop, I'd say the sides have been resprayed due to boot looks darker imo.

16v
04-05-13, 08:04 PM
5k and needs a drivers side headlight! All the chrome is faded off. Can't see that being the original miles

scott.parker
04-05-13, 08:07 PM
5k and needs a drivers side headlight! All the chrome is faded off. Can't see that being the original miles

I did spot that too, mot fail.

Edd
04-05-13, 08:10 PM
Engine bay looks like it has done more than 27k IMO

Plus that has got to be the worst description write up ever

bazil
04-05-13, 08:26 PM
It's the head bolts that got me last time round, torx bolts weren't standard fit so for 27k miles it's a bit odd,

Steering wheel and gear knob look far too weather for 27k too,

What bugs me isn't the price but the fact someone is trying to pull the wool over the buyers eyes.

Novasport
04-05-13, 09:23 PM
You lot make me laugh. You sit and pick fault then somebody will buy it and it will appear on here. Then everyone will be saying how mint and what a genuine example it is lol.
What is £5k in the grand scheme of things, it will buy you a boring 08/09 plate Corsa or something else less interesting. Yes it may buy you a Skyline but would you want the running costs and potential reliability issues, not me.
If I was in the market for a good Nova GSI then that would be a contender. Unabused and appears well looked after. So what if it may have had a head gasket, we have replaced them on 2-3 year old cars, doesnt mean it hasnt been looked after. And a headlight is 5 minute job to replace.
Remember it is a 23 year old car, if you want a better one you should have got in the que for one in 90/91/92/93.
If is as good as it says I would rather buy that than a rotten sh!tter that needs £5k spending on rare panels, new trim and a good paint job.

bazil
04-05-13, 09:30 PM
As I said earlier I hate sellers that plainly talk bull****

Its fairly obvious that isn't a genuine 27k mile car,

Take a look at your 3 novas and then tell me that gsi is as good as yours,

There must be something far wrong with it because its been up for sale for over a year,

oVerboost
04-05-13, 09:36 PM
It's the head bolts that got me last time round, torx bolts weren't standard fit so for 27k miles it's a bit odd,

Steering wheel and gear knob look far too weather for 27k too,

What bugs me isn't the price but the fact someone is trying to pull the wool over the buyers eyes.

Agreed, if it was just advertised as a clean, tidy, honest GSI then it would sell just the same, if not better as people won't be too sure of the "genuine" mileage statement from a back street car dealer.... It's probably Mike Brewer tbh lol

Novasport
04-05-13, 09:42 PM
If it is the one I think it is then it was for sale on a free ads website about 3 or 4 years ago for far less. I was tempted then but had no spare cash, it then disappeared. Probably the seller has chucked it in the back of a lock up somewhere waiting for the value to rise.
I dont think we can pass judgement until we see it in the flesh, could be much better or even much worse than the photos depict. The ebay pics for my Swing didnt do it justice, that is probably why nobody bidded. I got a nice car out of it :)

Nick J
04-05-13, 09:45 PM
I'm with rich to be honest....definitely worth a look if your in the market for one. Cleanliness is unimportant if its overall in good unrotten condition. I viewed a local 92 Sri with only a genuine 22k on a few years ago with one lady owner expecting it to be mint and it was a major legger! Regarding this gsi id be looking for a fully comprehensive service history, old mots and so on to back up the mileage and if that was in order as well as good general condition I'd buy it.

16v
04-05-13, 10:33 PM
You lot make me laugh. You sit and pick fault then somebody will buy it and it will appear on here. Then everyone will be saying how mint and what a genuine example it is lol.
What is £5k in the grand scheme of things, it will buy you a boring 08/09 plate Corsa or something else less interesting. Yes it may buy you a Skyline but would you want the running costs and potential reliability issues, not me.
If I was in the market for a good Nova GSI then that would be a contender. Unabused and appears well looked after. So what if it may have had a head gasket, we have replaced them on 2-3 year old cars, doesnt mean it hasnt been looked after. And a headlight is 5 minute job to replace.
Remember it is a 23 year old car, if you want a better one you should have got in the que for one in 90/91/92/93.
If is as good as it says I would rather buy that than a rotten sh!tter that needs £5k spending on rare panels, new trim and a good paint job.

To be fair the bay looks like it's waxoiled. The point I was making about the headlight is if it was me selling it I'd have put a new light in considering the price it's at!

kbnova
04-05-13, 11:06 PM
it may look bit rough, but where do you go to get another, I know of a fella who paid 2300 for a roughest gsi to restore, 7k rebuild, but he will have a mint car, buy a minter and no need of all the work, and same happened with a barn find sr , same people mouthed about it, and when the new owner appeared they all said she a minter lol

sure look at the price a nova sport makes, end of the day its a basic model lol

scott.parker
04-05-13, 11:06 PM
I'm with rich to be honest....definitely worth a look if your in the market for one. Cleanliness is unimportant if its overall in good unrotten condition. I viewed a local 92 Sri with only a genuine 22k on a few years ago with one lady owner expecting it to be mint and it was a major legger! Regarding this gsi id be looking for a fully comprehensive service history, old mots and so on to back up the mileage and if that was in order as well as good general condition I'd buy it.

To be fair the bay looks like it's waxoiled. The point I was making about the headlight is if it was me selling it I'd have put a new light in considering the price it's at!

I agree with both of you, but I was not picking holes in it, just stating what I see, but I still stand by the fact I personally would not wish to pay more then £3/3500 for a GSi /SRi/Sport etc as I just don't think it's worth it, but that's just how I feel, my opinion etc..

sport
04-05-13, 11:15 PM
Opinions not allowed now.

bazil
04-05-13, 11:30 PM
Hopefully it goes for 5k,

Makes mine easier to sell,

sport
04-05-13, 11:57 PM
ill give you 6k for yours allan ;)

bazil
05-05-13, 12:02 AM
SOLD !!, infact I'll swap it for your sport !!!

sport
05-05-13, 12:04 AM
The mythical Sport lollollol

bazil
05-05-13, 12:05 AM
I fancy a white shell to sit next to the rest of mine lol, it'll feel right at home lol

sport
05-05-13, 12:08 AM
You will end up with all the colours of the rainbow lol

bazil
05-05-13, 12:09 AM
I want one in every colour lol

sport
05-05-13, 12:10 AM
That's just greedy, any colour aslong as its polar white.

Edd
05-05-13, 08:07 AM
It's a mk2, so £500 tops

kbnova
05-05-13, 09:16 AM
It's a mk2, so £500 tops

not good then for mk1 owners, makes theirs worth £100 tops lol

bazzap8389
05-05-13, 09:18 AM
lol lol

steviegsi
05-05-13, 09:33 AM
Someone buy it and fire a big block into it for maximum Lolz

oVerboost
05-05-13, 09:57 AM
It can't be that original....

...it doesn't have speedlines! Lol

pie
05-05-13, 10:20 AM
^^ lol lol

murph-gsi
05-05-13, 11:32 AM
The GSi grill badge is in the wrong place also, so I'd say it been replaced by a new one as the old one had age marks.
Still looks mint and tidy:thumb:

ASH GSI
05-05-13, 12:12 PM
When i last saw this car for sale im sure it had a scrape on the o/s front bumper, i may be wrong though. also there is no red stripe on the rear bumper, if i was trying to get £5k for a nova im sure i would atleast sort that bit out.
If it is a real 27k and no rust its got to be worth around £4.5k IMO. In 5 to 10 years time we may look back and think its an amazing price.

brainsnova
05-05-13, 12:24 PM
£2k overpriced, Worth £3k IMO

kbnova
05-05-13, 12:36 PM
sure remember this 9k mk1 lol

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/vauxhall/nova/outstanding-low-mileage-1-family-owner-vauxhall-nova-1-3-sr/1069972

brainsnova
05-05-13, 03:11 PM
Spending over £3000 buy a civic type r lol

Archie
05-05-13, 07:21 PM
Best colour i'd pay £5k for it if i had £5k to spend and wanted another GSI

kent14sr
05-05-13, 08:13 PM
The GSi grill badge is in the wrong place also, so I'd say it been replaced by a new one as the old one had age marks.
Still looks mint and tidy:thumb:

Its also missing the Vauxhall badge on the tailgate, and has the wrong bonnet badge (later rounded griffin rather than squared griffin to match steering wheel badge)

It may be a 27k mile car, but if you pay top money you expect top condition - perhaps its very solid but for 5k you surely would expect mint and original ?

It looks a stunning car, and a fantastic colour - but 5k worth? (time will tell and on the basis it shows as unlicensed since 2009 then maybe its been for sale a while)

If I wanted a mint Nova, then the red Flair would get my money all day long. Mint, original and everything "right" about the car.

scott.parker
05-05-13, 08:47 PM
Its also missing the Vauxhall badge on the tailgate, and has the wrong bonnet badge (later rounded griffin rather than squared griffin to match steering wheel badge)

It may be a 27k mile car, but if you pay top money you expect top condition - perhaps its very solid but for 5k you surely would expect mint and original ?

It looks a stunning car, and a fantastic colour - but 5k worth? (time will tell and on the basis it shows as unlicensed since 2009 then maybe its been for sale a while)

If I wanted a mint Nova, then the red Flair would get my money all day long. Mint, original and everything "right" about the car.

Yep that flair is really nice, that's the funny thing, I think more base standard cars are better, and priced right, hence so many of us go for them over sports or gsi's etc..

But GTE's are the best buy imo.

kent14sr
05-05-13, 09:26 PM
Yep that flair is really nice, that's the funny thing, I think more base standard cars are better, and priced right, hence so many of us go for them over sports or gsi's etc..

But GTE's are the best buy imo.

Would love a standard GTE! Mk1 every time in my opinion!

The nice thing about a standard car is that often they really are as good as they look - ie an old lady really did keep it in a heated garage and only did 5k!

Sadly as we all know, this isn't the case with sporty models (GTE/GSi/Sports) and whilst there are exceptions these are rare and usually a major disappointment! Sporty models were usually bought to be used as intended, and even if they avoided being destroyed with their first, second, third owner - usually the inevitable caught up with them during the 1990s.

Personally, your Jamaican yellow epitomises that theory - stunning, original car, and rarer than a sport in that colour/condition!

murph-gsi
06-05-13, 01:24 AM

Lad it has the rear boot badge if you look very closely and the bonnet badge is correct.
Ya wont know what shes like until viewing:confused:

w88rdy
09-05-13, 08:00 PM
Can't judge by the badges , my l reg has the early engine and all badges etc, all depends when it was registered not built