PDA

View Full Version : Springs for Nova

Voodoo
25-08-03, 10:44 PM
Having a look at the Sparco catalogue for springs for my Nova, as the original ones are only good right now to put in a parker pen! :evil: Sparco does a -15 spring kit, which seems ideal as I don't want the car too low (you should see the roads around here!!), however:
If I buy Corsa springs instead of Nova ones, will they be a little stiffer, and help compensate for the valver engine weight? Any gen? :?:

Ben (lurk75)
26-08-03, 01:50 AM
It is very unlikely that there will be any difference between the Nova and Corsa springs, they will say there is but there wont.

-15 i cant see the point in the expense myself but its your car, with -30 springs you will still sit quite high, the roads in England arent exactly smooth.

Voodoo
26-08-03, 01:19 PM
Well Ben, the ref. of the spring kits is different, but as you say, they could be the same... at least the corsa ones are cheaper!!! :lol:

As for the -15, I don't really want to lower the car, as my Ibiza splitter hits the ground at the slightest bump, but that could be down to the fact that the front springs are completely shagged, which is the main reason I'm buying springs! When they were out of the car to fit new shox, you could push them by hand :evil: :o