PDA

View Full Version : Can you get new pcb's

mk3 vinny
28-04-13, 08:17 PM
dose any one know where or if you can get new pcb's ( printed circuit board ) from as I may need 1 or even maby 2 rather than buying yet another set of clocks for mk1,2 6 dial clocks

Thanks
Vinny

Mazz
28-04-13, 08:23 PM
I assume you mean the ribbon on the back of the clocks? If its not that bad, can't you run solder a wire in to bridge to damaged piece? I've done it in the past..

mk3 vinny
28-04-13, 08:34 PM
ye I have tried that got contacts all round but didn't work in the car mainly the rev counter, it did work then stopped it works on a bench but not in the car I have t sets and both the same however the other set the vault meter, oil pressure, and rev counter don't work before and after repair. did work when fitted then all started bouncing one day then went off then 2 hours later with the spare set

mowgli
28-04-13, 08:47 PM
i seriously doubt you could get them new. why not rewire them with wires instead? i repaired the tracks on mine years back, i stripped some cable & soldered them in to replace the corroded bits. i did it very slowly & used minimal heat, but it works fine

mk3 vinny
28-04-13, 09:07 PM
I have tried it but it didn't work