PDA

View Full Version : can you transfer music from iPhone to iTunes?

Lewis.
25-04-13, 09:51 PM
I've had to reinstall windows on my laptop, and my backup won't work :roll:

Now I've downloaded iTunes again, which is empty, and all my music is on my phone. the problem is getting it back on iTunes.

anyone managed to do this before? It seems apple have made it as hard as possible :(

Plug
25-04-13, 10:02 PM
if you had kept the settings folder out of the itunes folder it would have been possible but seeing as you now have a fresh install of itunes.

I can see you having to add all your music to itunes then sync back across :(

i maybe wrong thou, iphones been out of action for months now lol

Southie
26-04-13, 07:14 AM
You could always use disk aid and get all the things you need off your phone first.
http://www.digidna.net/diskaid

Then start again on your phone, or see if your phone will do a system backup on a friends computer.

Plug
26-04-13, 07:28 AM
if he uses a friends pc it will restore his phone with all his mates settings and sounds lol, Crappy jesus phones like making life difficult.

Im guessing you havent kept a restore point of how the pc was before you had to re-install??

L14MNP
26-04-13, 11:28 AM
iTunes is stupid.

Buy an Android.

Stuart
26-04-13, 01:09 PM
iTunes is stupid.

Buy an Android.

Which wont solve the OP's current problem... ffs

L14MNP
26-04-13, 01:23 PM
Which wont solve the OP's current problem... ffs

It will. Maybe not in the way he had hoped though.

Southie
26-04-13, 01:32 PM
if he uses a friends pc it will restore his phone with all his mates settings and sounds lol,
I mean to see if his iphone is able to do a backup, not to sync his mates computer lol

Lewis.
26-04-13, 06:25 PM
if you had kept the settings folder out of the itunes folder it would have been possible but seeing as you now have a fresh install of itunes.

I can see you having to add all your music to itunes then sync back across :(

i maybe wrong thou, iphones been out of action for months now lol

I can get everything I have purchased through iTunes easilly, but unfortunately that probably only accounts for 30% of my music, the rest is from CD's, many of which I don't have any more, or from other less reputable music sites lol

You could always use disk aid and get all the things you need off your phone first.
http://www.digidna.net/diskaid

Then start again on your phone, or see if your phone will do a system backup on a friends computer.

Disk aid looks like just the thing, but 30 dollars seems quite a bit, don't have much choice though lol

if he uses a friends pc it will restore his phone with all his mates settings and sounds lol, Crappy jesus phones like making life difficult.

Im guessing you havent kept a restore point of how the pc was before you had to re-install??

I know, it's as if apple have made it hard on purpose. I kept meaning to make a restore disc, but I only think about it when I actually need it lol

Asa-James
26-04-13, 09:06 PM
theres a program called idump somewhere, google search, dead easy to use. have used it in the past to recover music from ipods

Plug
26-04-13, 09:20 PM
/\ that would of saved me hours maybe even days of my life :(

Lewis.
27-04-13, 03:28 PM
theres a program called idump somewhere, google search, dead easy to use. have used it in the past to recover music from ipods

Just bought the full version of this, £27 lighter, But I have all my music back in iTunes :) worth every penny I think. Thanks pal, rep is on it's way :thumb:

/\ that would of saved me hours maybe even days of my life :(

this has does just that lol