PDA

View Full Version : no mot ??

shaunboy84
24-04-13, 10:40 PM
i just taxed the nova gte today, mot ran out today, i still have a insurance policy for the car, i plan to pick the car up next week and drive it to the mot station, its a fair distance i will be driving because it was getting a engine rebuild, is it worth the hassle driving it ? is it against the law? really cant be arsed with the police giving me lectures cheers guys lol

brainsnova
24-04-13, 10:42 PM
Driving to an mot station is legal without mot but you can still be charged with defects lol

shaunboy84
24-04-13, 10:45 PM
oh ffs , a will get my mate with a traders policy then :P

Novasport
24-04-13, 10:48 PM
Traders policy is not valid either on a vehicle with no MOT. Only allowance is driving to a pre-booked MOT as with your own personal insurance

shaunboy84
24-04-13, 10:50 PM
oh dear, i dont really want to put it on a trailer again cause its way to low, and the bumper was nearly ripped off the last time :( so am kinda snookered then?

conza123
24-04-13, 11:10 PM
if you got insurance, book an mot and drive it there, if you get pulled they can ring garage up and see you have mot booked

bazil
24-04-13, 11:11 PM
As long as the mot is pre booked your fine. I took a car from my house to East Kilbride for a ticket,

If your stopped just explain your car was recovered due to a breakdown now it's fixed your traveling to the mot station where your car is booked in,

As long as the copper can call the mot station and confirm your car is booked in that day for a test you should be fine.

shaunboy84
24-04-13, 11:17 PM
cheers mate :) a get word on what day a get it bk, so will rebook the mot date tomoz :) cheers , just the m8 is rife with the traffics, undercover audi, focus st, and the bmws

brainsnova
24-04-13, 11:22 PM
Insurance is the main thing

dc1984
24-04-13, 11:38 PM
At worst it's only a £30 fine mate, but as Bazil said just make sure it's booked in and you will be fine mate.

David.

Novasport
24-04-13, 11:49 PM
I drove the Sport to work for an MOT yesterday. It was SORN and the MOT had expired but it is insured. Cannot tax it without an MOT so got to get there some how.

Jack
25-04-13, 07:20 AM
Yeah, the law makes an allowance for going to an MOT station (or a place of repair) with no MOT or tax. But you must have insurance and you can only got straight there - stopping off for fuel etc is Ok if its en route.

Course of action is:
1. Insure it
2. Drive to MOT station and get MOT
3. Use insurance and MOT to tax it.

Not sure how quickly the DVLA records update for MOT, but I guess you could tax it online or via phone as soon as (if lol) you pass, i.e. whilst you're still in the garage. I know the law says you can drive to and from the MOT station without tax, but I don't think you're allowed to drive to a post office or whatever to get tax.

bazil
25-04-13, 07:29 AM
cheers mate :) a get word on what day a get it bk, so will rebook the mot date tomoz :) cheers , just the m8 is rife with the traffics, undercover audi, focus st, and the bmws

You not seen the seat Leon or the Astra derv or the silver shogun yet lol,

dc1984
25-04-13, 09:36 AM
What about the silver kia ceed or hyundi i20 unmarked cars.