PDA

View Full Version : tradesmen quote to job ratio

turbojolt
24-04-13, 06:45 PM
just wondering what ratio of jobs other people get to the quotes they give out

cheers

mowgli
24-04-13, 06:50 PM
TJ, if you are getting 100%, you are way too cheap.

if you get 50% you are probably somewhere near the market rate, but 30% is probably an average figure to be getting..

Bubba
24-04-13, 11:00 PM
no-one has said no to my prices yet :p

brainsnova
24-04-13, 11:20 PM
Greedy people get prices turned down lol

turbodrew1
24-04-13, 11:24 PM
Our business (roofing) we usually secure 3 jobs from 5 quotes which is great if its an Internet lead because people get numerous quotes, alot of our work is word of mouth though and you can't beat that if your leaving a high standard of workmanship.

turbojolt
25-04-13, 08:48 AM
Our business (roofing) we usually secure 3 jobs from 5 quotes which is great if its an Internet lead because people get numerous quotes, alot of our work is word of mouth though and you can't beat that if your leaving a high standard of workmanship.

that is good, how long has the company been about for?

novalovingned
25-04-13, 09:56 AM
Yeah I agree with around 50%

Up here there's always something willing to work for for peanuts! But as I say "pay peanuts you get monkeys" I'd never drop my price to get a job. The price is the price and that's it.

The company I work for is on the expensive side but there are no corners cut, the subbies are very good, everything done from start to finish and the quality of our work is to a high standard. Been established since 1996 and still very busy. It's all about word of mouth :)