PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein B8's

steviegsi
24-04-13, 03:24 PM
Ordered a set of these the other day. Today the rears turned up, and have turned out to be B6 shocks, fronts should be hear tomorrow and will no doubt be the same.

When pricing them up last week, I emailed Courteney, who told me that in thier XE kit, they now supply B6 shocks as the B8s are no longer available. So I ordered from jjc race and rally via eBay.

The set I have bought were listed as B8, but probably sent the B6 pair because of no supply.

So... i am led to believe the B6 and B8 are the same specs, with the B8 shocks having a shorter length.

Should I send the 4 B6's back and get a refund and just buy something different ?
Or
Keep them?

The thing that put me off coilovers in the first place was fitment front and rear. I can't be ar$ed with spacers or welding in turrets etc so would prefer to keep to a normal spring and shock set up.

Car in question with be, XE with a 60mm drop all round, maybe a bit lower at the rear.

Thoughts PNG?

Plug
24-04-13, 04:18 PM
The thing that put me off coilovers in the first place was fitment front and rear. I can't be ar$ed with spacers or welding in turrets etc so would prefer to keep to a normal spring and shock set up.

Spacers or welding the turret wasnt needed when fitting my Gaz Coilovers, They bolted up as standard items and off i went.

As the shocks you've ordered, its up to you what you do, If your happy with the B6 keep them if not keep on sourcing som B8's and send them back.

Graeme
24-04-13, 04:28 PM
I think you'll be fine with them, I love mine, best the car has ever felt, and I've had Avos and Spax Rsx

conad
24-04-13, 05:19 PM
I'd ask for a while partial refund as they're not what was described in the listing... Gotta be worth a try eh.

Letnova
24-04-13, 05:39 PM
I got avo coilovers front and rear and mine bolted up exactly same as normal suspension and I got speedlines and no spacers and have no rubbing issues.