PDA

View Full Version : new fobs

DEE'S NOVA
25-08-03, 02:39 PM
the remote cenral locking and alarm fob for the gfs nova has split from the wire that attachaed it to the immobilser and key rings so you have to carry it seperate.so i'm parinoid that she(me) might lose it and thats her stuffed as it is only one she has so is there some where that can make another remote fob for her alarm and if so how much bad thing is don't think i know the make of alarm :(

Wiggie
25-08-03, 03:51 PM
yep, try http://www.maplin.co.uk or evan argos !! all it is, is a fob which learns from you old fob and copies the signal. or take it in to a shop like halfords they can possibly identify the make of it if need be.

Wigz

Ben (lurk75)
25-08-03, 04:39 PM
Much better off going to any alarm fitter/stockist and asking them, most places will make you a new one or order you one in, 99% of them can have another programmed to the system.

mikeoxford
25-08-03, 07:51 PM
yep, try http://www.maplin.co.uk or evan argos !! all it is, is a fob which learns from you old fob and copies the signal. or take it in to a shop like halfords they can possibly identify the make of it if need be.

Wigz
:lol: no offence but you cant just get a random fob and program it in

else every tom dick and harry would goto argos and buy themselves a cheap fob and then they can get into as many cars in the car park as they like!

you need to find out what brand alarm you have, then go to an auto electricians that does the same brands. they can get you one in

Wiggie
25-08-03, 08:16 PM
yeah - no offence taken

http://www.driverstechnologyassociation.co.uk/key-fobs.htm

Mark
25-08-03, 09:15 PM
OOoops! :oops:

A self learning remote, that's clever!

DEE'S NOVA
26-08-03, 11:22 AM
what price do you think i'm looking at?

Wiggie
26-08-03, 11:49 AM
well on that link it says about ?39 and you can programme it to four diferent things.

Fester
26-08-03, 01:53 PM
wasnt there a speight of people using those casio TV remote watches to pick up signals then use the watch to get in the car :o which is what started all the rolling code stuff off?

Ste_Nova
26-08-03, 03:06 PM
wasnt there a speight of people using those casio TV remote watches to pick up signals then use the watch to get in the car :o which is what started all the rolling code stuff off?

no they are infrared... car remotes (most) are radio

Wiggie
26-08-03, 06:58 PM

no they are infrared... car remotes (most) are radio

nah but back in the day with like factory fit alarms that came with pugoets and stuff used infared. so it would have been a while back

mikeoxford
27-08-03, 12:16 AM
lol @ micky

i take my hat off

didnt know you could get learning remotes BUT

if your alarm is half decent, it shouldnt allow for that nasty cheap looking alarm fob to pinch your code!!!!!

and if it DOES

id be worried.

:lol:

Ben (lurk75)
27-08-03, 01:39 AM
95% of alarms fitted to a Nova arent worth a wa*k anyway, any sane person with common sense can get around an alarm very easily.