PDA

View Full Version : how to check ??

Brasso93
21-04-13, 09:05 PM
Whats the best way to find out whats causing a car to pull to one side as the missus had a fight with a curb and now the car pulls violently to the left and steering wheel is out of centre, so how do I check if its an inner track rod or rod end thats bent or even the wishbone ??

John
21-04-13, 09:06 PM
have a full wheel alignment check carried out, it will highlight whats wrong :)

Nobby
21-04-13, 09:06 PM
look at it lol or take it to a tracking place

mowgli
21-04-13, 09:08 PM
jack it up with the steering wheel in the normal straight ahead position & have a look. also measure the wheel to arch gap both sides

the tracking will be a mile out, the bottom arm could be bent or the track rod.

was it a nova that got whacked?? if so, its most likely the bottom arm thats bent, it has a design that lets it crumple quite easily.

Iain
21-04-13, 09:18 PM
Should be obvious if something's that bent. Don't waste money on a tracking place if you know its knackered.

Rage
21-04-13, 09:25 PM
Should be obvious if something's that bent. Don't waste money on a tracking place if you know its knackered.

i wouldn't bother with anywhere that charges for a tracking check anyway but if it's pulling then the tracking is definitely out anyway so free check or not you know the tracking will be out just make sure to get it checked after making the necessary repairs

Brasso93
21-04-13, 09:28 PM
Its on my corsa b ive had all the wheels off to swap the alloys out for steels and had a look but nothing is obviously bent and ive measured arch gap on both sides and its the same both sides

mowgli
21-04-13, 09:32 PM
bottom arms are stronger on them. see if someone does a free tracking check. some of the big boys do.

Brasso93
21-04-13, 09:43 PM
I'll take it in the morning

meritlover
21-04-13, 11:07 PM
Whats the best way to find out whats causing a car to pull to one side as the missus had a fight with a curb and now the car pulls violently to the left and steering wheel is out of centre, so how do I check if its an inner track rod or rod end thats bent or even the wishbone ??

Jack it up and look