PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank taking a LONG time to fill

oVerboost
21-04-13, 11:13 AM
Probably a common fault, but does anyone know why my Nova fuel tank is taking so long to fill up? It keeps clicking the pump as if it is full, but its not.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome :) Thanks.

Plug
21-04-13, 11:15 AM
i bought a nova with exactly the same problem,

You'll find the breather on the neck has been plumbed into the bottom of the tank when it should be at the top!!

if not the breather may be blocked

oVerboost
21-04-13, 06:07 PM
Thanks, I will have a look when I can get use of a ramp :)

Toydx1
21-04-13, 07:43 PM
I just filled mine for the first time and the fuel started pouring out the breather pipe ???

Plug
21-04-13, 08:03 PM
your tanks plumbed in wrong then.

The breather should go to the top of the filler neck.

if it does and you mean you had fuel re-entering the neck it means your tank is full lol

mowgli
21-04-13, 08:16 PM
I just filled mine for the first time and the fuel started pouring out the breather pipe ???

was it full, or was it part filled & coughing up the pipe??.

Nobby
21-04-13, 09:07 PM
defo the breather that runs off the filler neck blocked or kinked mine did it till one day it was coming out of the filler cap!! i fitted some new pipe and its sorted now!

Toydx1
22-04-13, 03:16 PM
oops must be in wrong then derrr :S

Mazz
22-04-13, 04:54 PM
Anyone got a pic of said breather pipe please?

Plug
22-04-13, 05:07 PM
i havent got a pic but the small pipe that connects to the filler neck should run to the top of the tank.

when i bought my LET i stood at maidstone services at 11 at night for about 2 hours and i got a full tank, was getting £3-4 before the pump would cut out as it was running so long,

i had just bought the car, needless to say only took 10 mins to sort when i got home,

oVerboost
22-04-13, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking they are the wrong way round (filler neck/breather) so will be getting this sorted. I'ts not as bad as £3-£4 before the pump cutting out, I managed to get a full tank in there but it must have taken a good 5 minutes. Nothing drastic, but when its hammering down with rain, it's long enough lol :lol: