PDA

View Full Version : which engine

john cartwright
19-04-13, 09:21 PM
Have a Nova fitted with a c14se engine with a bosch distributer and a weber 32/34 on a modified manifold . engine very sick , is the c14se fitted to a corsa [ injection ] a suitable replacement . I want to stick with the carb and dist set up .

thanks . John

mowgli
19-04-13, 10:30 PM
has it run ok before?

what manifold are you using?

the c14se engine from the corsa will be the same as the c14se from a nova

are you sure its a c14se fitted?

meritlover
19-04-13, 10:42 PM
why is it so sick? what is wrong with it?

_Jake
19-04-13, 10:53 PM
measles?

chrisd1986
19-04-13, 11:14 PM
i thought it was bird flu lol

john cartwright
20-04-13, 06:14 PM
Right , no it does not have bird flu or measles [ titter ]
I fitted the engine , which I bought from a guy who had it in his nova . The block is stamped c14se , it came with the dist and pierburgh carb .I replaced the carb with a weber mounted on a modified nova manifold .

Car ran ok apart from being rich at tickover . It had a home made linkage which worked ok for me , but someone unfamiliar with the car managed to get the throttle jammed open .
And now the engine is very cranky and spitting back through the carb .
So I am now trying to get a replacement engine , and wondering if one from a corsa will be ok , as I want to stick with the carb/dist set up . any good ideas or advice would be helpfull . Thanks .John

meritlover
20-04-13, 11:41 PM
sounds like the rockers are broken. someone had a similar problem on here a few weeks ago with gross over revving. Your engine might not be completely toast and may be quite easily repaired. ( a lot easier than doing an engine change)

mowgli
21-04-13, 08:20 PM
rockers are a dead easy swap..

have you checked the cambelt hasn't jumped a tooth or 2???

john cartwright
22-04-13, 09:22 AM
Thanks for your info , getting car back today so will investigate from there . John

john cartwright
24-04-13, 10:43 PM
Now have a c14se eng in parts , does anyone know which camshaft is best as I also have 14nv camshaft . thanks . John