PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember the movie 'Convoy'?

DAVIDKEDENS
16-04-13, 09:42 PM
Just watched it for the 1 millionth time there. Absoloutly brilliant, was made in 1978 iirc.

Still remember watching it with my Grampa all those years back.

If you haven't seen it I suggest you get it watched, best trucker film IMO.

"That's a big 10 4 good buddy."

Has a good theme tune aswell -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnJEeHND_lQ

raf24
16-04-13, 09:48 PM
Rubber duck? lol

DAVIDKEDENS
16-04-13, 09:49 PM
Rubber duck? lol

Ya! :) My all time favourite film.. wee bit weird for a 17 year old lol

raf24
16-04-13, 09:51 PM
Ya! :) My all time favourite film.. wee bit weird for a 17 year old lol

Must be about twenty odd years since i seen it :eek:

chrisd1986
16-04-13, 09:53 PM
ive not seen it since i was in school, but a old film i can watch over and over is paint your wagon

Graeme
16-04-13, 09:58 PM
My favourite film of all time

bazil
16-04-13, 09:58 PM
Look up the old movie " Duel "

A bit slow but still quite good,

Yeah breaker 1-9 this hears the the rubber duck c'mon lol title track by CW McCall lol

raf24
16-04-13, 10:07 PM
I love that old truck in duel,menacing as fcuk:witch:

brainsnova
16-04-13, 10:48 PM
Maximum overdrive was scary as a kid

raf24
16-04-13, 10:57 PM
Maximum overdrive was scary as a kid

Cracking soundtrack as well,mostly AC/DC iirc :)

Southie
16-04-13, 11:27 PM
Watch the original Death Race 2000, now that's a classic lol

Jack
17-04-13, 12:43 PM
Watch the original Death Race 2000, now that's sh!t lol
Fixed lol

Vanishing Point is my favourite road movie.

brainsnova
17-04-13, 01:17 PM
Fixed lol

Vanishing Point is my favourite road movie.

The audio from from the radio staiton was brilliant

DAVIDKEDENS
17-04-13, 07:45 PM
Look up the old movie " Duel "

A bit slow but still quite good,

Yeah breaker 1-9 this hears the the rubber duck c'mon lol title track by CW McCall lol

Saw it Spud.. iirc thats the one where the trucker keeps terrorizing the guy driving the car? I found that pretty scary lol

brainsnova
17-04-13, 09:21 PM
The duel was based on hobbit driving the truck lol lol lol

L14MNP
18-04-13, 11:23 AM
Duel is toss. The bloke was so wet, and must have had all of 40 bhp at his disposal.

As is Vanishing Point overall. Fake soundtrack, changing car, stupid ending.

SGA33
19-04-13, 08:34 PM
The first model a made when i was a kid was the mack truck of rubber duck,loved the film.

mowgli
19-04-13, 10:40 PM
convoy is a film made to cash in because of the song being a massive hit first... seriously, at least it was a reasonable film

duel is quite good considering it was made for pennies by a very young spielberg

vanishing point was crap apart from the radio station bits (& the naked girl on the motorbike) supersoul was brilliant

maximum overdrive was pants.. it proved stephen king should not direct films

there really hasn't been a decent movie about trucks, simply cos they are actually quite boring things..

remember BJ & the Bear?? a tv show about a trucker who was also a detective with a pet chimp ..... yep, it was shyte

remember the knight industries truck ??? hoff drove kitt into the back & suddenly the inside of the trailer was about 50' wide

smokey & the bandit 1 & 2 were good fun though

every action film with trucks in always seems to have a skidding sideways scene(doesn't happen since they made abs a legal requirement) or some sort of incident involving people trying to remove the trailer, and when they manage it, it seems easy.. the problem is that the moment you undo the red air line, the trailer brakes go full on, so vin diesel & his buddies would not have been able to nick the petrol

DAVIDKEDENS
20-04-13, 05:22 PM
convoy is a film made to cash in because of the song being a massive hit first... seriously, at least it was a reasonable film

duel is quite good considering it was made for pennies by a very young spielberg

vanishing point was crap apart from the radio station bits (& the naked girl on the motorbike) supersoul was brilliant

maximum overdrive was pants.. it proved stephen king should not direct films

there really hasn't been a decent movie about trucks, simply cos they are actually quite boring things..

remember BJ & the Bear?? a tv show about a trucker who was also a detective with a pet chimp ..... yep, it was shyte

remember the knight industries truck ??? hoff drove kitt into the back & suddenly the inside of the trailer was about 50' wide

smokey & the bandit 1 & 2 were good fun though

every action film with trucks in always seems to have a skidding sideways scene(doesn't happen since they made abs a legal requirement) or some sort of incident involving people trying to remove the trailer, and when they manage it, it seems easy.. the problem is that the moment you undo the red air line, the trailer brakes go full on, so vin diesel & his buddies would not have been able to nick the petrol

Convoy & the first two Smokey & The Bandit's are the only decent trucker films.. only other two I can think of is 'Blackdog' or 'Breakdown'.