PDA

View Full Version : Aston Martin

marc69
15-04-13, 10:13 PM
Here are a few pics from when I visited the Aston Martin Workshop (handy having friends...)

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/69marc/DSC_0215_zpsd79d09e3.jpg
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/69marc/DSC_0214_zps74b2eb45.jpg
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/69marc/DSC_0213_zps03741438.jpg
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/69marc/DSC_0212_zps89af5b59.jpg

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/69marc/DSC_0211_zps1c5f8beb.jpg
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/69marc/DSC_0210_zpsf0fd06bd.jpg

I also went into the body shop and engine shop (sorry, no pictures).

The level of engineering is a little better than me with my Novas. Once an engine is set up (incidently some owners ask that the webers be removed and go back to three massive SU units) then the testing is 8 days running in the isolated room with power etc monitored continually. The level of engineering by skilled workers was incedible. Was going to ask for advice with my Novas but thought better lol

marc69
15-04-13, 10:15 PM
Anyone who is a massive fan, I have a few of the official workshop calendars. They have nice pictures of old and new astons. Let me know and you can have one.

meritlover
15-04-13, 10:17 PM
very nice, sounds like the level of care i give my vehicles.

thanks for sharing Marc.

Stuart
15-04-13, 10:18 PM
Was that at works service?

Novasport
15-04-13, 10:20 PM
Anyone who is a massive fan, I have a few of the official workshop calendars. They have nice pictures of old and new astons. Let me know and you can have one.

Would love one of these. How do I apply ;)

marc69
15-04-13, 10:23 PM
Would love one of these. How do I apply ;)

just pm your address and pay for the postage

marc69
15-04-13, 10:25 PM
Was that at works service?

It is called the workshop, in Co Durham. It is huge, that was the sale room, mostly astons, there were Jags and Lambos etc too. There was a genuine Fiat 500 too.

Benn
15-04-13, 10:27 PM
Dont take this the wrong way, but your pics are crap. Awesome cars tho.

meritlover
15-04-13, 10:27 PM
... I have a few of the official workshop calendars. They have nice pictures of old and new astons. Let me know and you can have one.

but do they have pictures of naked women on them as well?

Stuart
15-04-13, 10:28 PM
It is called the workshop, in Co Durham. It is huge, that was the sale room, mostly astons, there were Jags and Lambos etc too. There was a genuine Fiat 500 too.

Ah ok then.... Was gonna say, works service looks a mess if it was those pics lol

Novasport
We have an Aston Workshop in Derby. Just an independant I think, nice looking place though.

meritlover
Dont take this the wrong way, but your pics are crap...

how is he supposed to take it then?

Benn
15-04-13, 10:30 PM
So any of the cars are fully in shot... Everythings pic is a bit of a car..

meritlover
15-04-13, 10:33 PM
ah well, i guess he's a car enthusiast and not a photographer.

i can see more of it than i could before he posted this post.

thanks Marc.

marc69
15-04-13, 10:39 PM
Dont take this the wrong way, but your pics are crap. Awesome cars tho.

Wasn't supposed to take any pics, just sneaked a few to try and show the scale of the place, the pictures don't even show a fraction of it!

Stuart
15-04-13, 10:40 PM
You should see how crap my photos are from Pagani, taking snaps before anyone comes back etc lol

marc69
15-04-13, 10:42 PM
We have an Aston Workshop in Derby. Just an independant I think, nice looking place though.

I assume this one is the official workshop as the calendars and all the stuff they sell is marked from aston with this address. Whether it is Aston owned or not, was very impressive. The manager was off in Hong Kong doing sales, tough job?

Stuart
15-04-13, 10:58 PM
Dealing with high end cars day in day out can get on your tits as much as any job can.... And it actually turns you into more of an ass, eg I saw a new vanquish on the road at the weekend and thought "meh, I've seen a few in that red for the past year..... Bored" when in reality I should have been excited at seeing one lol

marc69
15-04-13, 11:04 PM
I was naughty and sat in a lambo. It was ok but I would have to get those doors changed!

Although had I been driving it, may have pulled a bit more than my 993 ohv?

meritlover
15-04-13, 11:08 PM
Dealing with high end cars day in day out can get on your tits as much as any job can.... And it actually turns you into more of an ass, eg I saw a new vanquish on the road at the weekend and thought "meh, I've seen a few in that red for the past year..... Bored" when in reality I should have been excited at seeing one lol

You make me giggle a lot.

mowgli
16-04-13, 07:40 AM
i delivered some paving to the factory at gaydon last summer.... security was not as tight as you'd think... & i had a chuckle looking at the little toyota things in a line waiting to be 'aston martined'

meritlover
16-04-13, 07:45 AM
.... i had a chuckle looking at the little toyota things in a line waiting to be 'aston martined'

You had me at 'Gaydon'

Benn
16-04-13, 07:53 AM
Wasn't supposed to take any pics, just sneaked a few to try and show the scale of the place, the pictures don't even show a fraction of it!

Ah fair enough.

Stuart
16-04-13, 12:27 PM
i delivered some paving to the factory at gaydon last summer.... security was not as tight as you'd think... & i had a chuckle looking at the little toyota things in a line waiting to be 'aston martined'

Those little toyotas make AML lots of money, I'd be chuckling more at the folks buying the sodding things rather than the manufacturer making them (supply and demand and all that lol )

Mike
16-04-13, 08:22 PM

This.

I get bored shÃ*tless making parts for them now. Splitters, diffusers, strakes, engine fan cowlings, engine fans etc etc its all a bore but pays the bills.

Mint FRST
17-04-13, 08:20 PM

Tell me about it. I worked there installing new mech services in the One - 77 workshop. So easy to get picture of the cars at the time that the motoring press would have killed for...

mowgli
18-04-13, 08:58 AM
i'm used to the cloak & dagger stuff... we used to park our trucks inside the MIRA test track.. i saw a few interesting prototypes knocking about... but we had a gentlemans agreement to not photograph anything..

Stuart
18-04-13, 09:14 AM
I guess back then you would have taken ages doing the etchings anyway lol

mowgli
18-04-13, 09:24 AM
it was bloody difficult trying to get the pics while the horses were standing still.... we knew what a hansom cab was long before anyone else..... lol

but in reality, back then was a fortnight ago. for the past 3 years, we parked a fleet of hgv's in the farmyard that is halfway between the gatehouse & the track. since they started using urban camoflage on the prototypes, it is a lot easier to see what they are than when they stuck cardboard on them lol

L14MNP
18-04-13, 11:14 AM

Great place. Nice and tucked away too.

When my mate bought a CLS from the Lotus/AM/Morgan/Caparo dealership in Norwich (Ahh-Haaaaa!) they showed us around everything.
They do restorations and customise thinks for rich camel jockeys etc too.

They are clearly proud of their work, as a freshly repaired DB5 body in white took pride of place alongside a brand new Caparo F1.

Great place. :d

Calamity Josh
18-04-13, 04:36 PM
i'm off to gayden next week for a vip tour of the factory with some guys from college, can't wait! :)

Stuart
18-04-13, 04:59 PM
hope you get to see some Vanquishes in better colours than that crappy red all the press cars are in.