PDA

View Full Version : Head Trouble

SKoob
25-08-03, 02:51 AM
Well i have had me 1.3 SR sat on my drive after it just instantly broke down, after taking the rocker cover off it appeared to be a broken rocker, nothing major(so i thought). Well today me dad came over with a tool and extracted the rocker only to find the valve had snapped, yes snapped :o. This is the 3rd time that i have had trouble of this kind (rocker/valve related), should i get another head or have a go at fixing this again or am i pissing in the wind with this option? Or shall i save me pennies and get a blydenstien head?

Nova-Boy
25-08-03, 11:37 AM
Has it damaged the head at all?? You could try getting new valves and new cam.

Or put a bigger lump in (but i'm sure thats not what you wanted to hear!)

mikeyredtop
25-08-03, 02:18 PM
if u snapped the valve and the end has dropped in the cylinder while driving your piston head and cylinder wall would be fucked..... new engine i reckon....

nova dosed
26-08-03, 01:01 AM
i had same prob turned key and it went ban X 4 then just turned over thats it so stripped her and 4 rockers had snapped and bent 4 inlet valves so cleaned all pistons had skimmed re faced new rockers valves etc and what had happend was a lifter had got stuck or sumet and it snapped a follower causin a knock on effect.

Dnt suppose u messed with the cam belt did ya

SKoob
26-08-03, 10:44 AM
There is no damage to the pistons or the head it appears, the head was rebuilt a month or so prior to this happening due to the head gasket failing, it was all timed up correctly and can't see why this happened