PDA

View Full Version : Standard tie rods with a C20LET

conad
12-04-13, 04:23 PM
Has anyone else had any issues running a standard lower arm and tie rod setup with their C20LET?? I managed to snap my passenger side rod, but I'm wondering whether it was just caused by a defect. I was thinking of fabricating a setup but involves a lot of work and trial and error. I'm running power in the late 200s.

meritlover
12-04-13, 07:30 PM
I was thinking of fabricating a setup but involves a lot of work and trial and error. I'm running power in the late 200s.

try thinking about fabricating a setup that requires less work and trial and error?

Graeme
12-04-13, 07:34 PM
Why not just lower them down front and rear or buy one of John boys kits?

Alex J
12-04-13, 07:44 PM
ive had them snap before, paul has also!!

BRoadGhost
12-04-13, 08:08 PM
You might have answered your own question then. My outlook has always been; if it breaks then only ever replace with an uprated equivalent.

I've bent RJ's in bars I've made so the follow ups are considerably stronger.

What scares me the most is knowing if it happened once there's every reason it'll happen again; I'd rather not be pulling the car from a ditch / tree.

conad
12-04-13, 09:25 PM
try thinking about fabricating a setup that requires less work and trial and error?

Easier said than done, I could copy an already proven design but don't have any measurements to go by.

Why not just lower them down front and rear or buy one of John boys kits?

They were already lowered. I refuse to pay someone else to fabricate something, it's my profession lol

You might have answered your own question then. My outlook has always been; if it breaks then only ever replace with an uprated equivalent.

I've bent RJ's in bars I've made so the follow ups are considerably stronger.

What scares me the most is knowing if it happened once there's every reason it'll happen again; I'd rather not be pulling the car from a ditch / tree.

Agreed, I snapped my last ones at 100mph... Scary stuff!

Plug
16-04-13, 07:29 AM
i snapped a tie bar at about 30-40 mph and that was scary enough ripped the wheel/ knuckle clean off the car :(

conad
16-04-13, 07:49 AM
My wheel went up into the arch bending the inner/outer wing, locked up and sent me onto other than side of the road... Luckily it was 2am lol