PDA

View Full Version : Will it all fit?

Chucky
08-04-13, 10:47 AM
alright guys need some advice before i go through with this.

Will this lot fit in my 1.0 2dr saloon?

1.2 8v full engine, exhaust, fuel tank and lines, box etc.. All from a 1.2 nova hatch.

Pistol Pete
08-04-13, 10:58 AM
Its from a Nova, so yeah it should fit. The engine should be a straight swap.

kent14sr
08-04-13, 11:03 AM
Exhaust different as far as I know between hatch and saloon - but retain your existing exhaust and use 1.2 front pipe.

You can use your existing fuel tank and plumb the return back into the fuel line using a T piece if you cant find a tank/cant be bothered to change it.

Only thing you really need to be aware of when changing from a 1.0 is the green resistor wire to the coil that needs changing to a normal wire to prevent starting and running issues.

therealnovaboy
08-04-13, 11:12 AM
You also need the front drivers side engine mount from the 1.2

mowgli
08-04-13, 11:39 AM
you need the 1.2 gearbox too, the 1.0 bellhousing is different.

the wiring is a bit trickier, read this. http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?186784-Electrical-issues-found-when-fitting-a-larger-engine-in-a-1.0

Chucky
08-04-13, 12:49 PM
blimey you guys know your stuff, nice one! sounds a bit more involved than i was predicting, but hey fingers crossed.

meritlover
08-04-13, 12:54 PM
Only thing you really need to be aware of when changing from a 1.0 is the green resistor wire to the coil that needs changing to a normal wire to prevent starting and running issues.

FYI, The start of this can be found behind the clocks on dash...

therealnovaboy
08-04-13, 02:17 PM
the resistor wire had clear insulation on mine if I remember correctly.

mowgli
08-04-13, 06:02 PM
blimey you guys know your stuff, nice one! sounds a bit more involved than i was predicting, but hey fingers crossed.

we really need to do a png 'we took out a 1.0 engine and fitted something bigger' t shirt....

we really have been there & done that quite a few times

Chucky
08-04-13, 10:51 PM
haha wish i had the know-how mate! total newbie to engine swaps in general.

now been offered a c20xe from a breakers for £210 delivered! choices choices. i know if i went that route i'd have to spend hundreds more than originally intended. But a nice thought =D