PDA

View Full Version : Tx radiator

Graeme
07-04-13, 09:14 AM
Has anyone bought on in the last twelve months? Mine is fifteen months old but has been in the car 6 months and is leaking like a sieve, heard a few stories about these leaking on people and I don't want to call them as I get the feeling that I'm going to get the standard answer of you only get a 12 month warranty from the purchase date, anyone else had a good or bad experience with tx or their rads ?

burgo
07-04-13, 10:15 AM
Tx full stop are ****, why people use them is beyond me

brucer
07-04-13, 10:41 AM
you may have seen on fb recently i posted a pic of the 3inch top hat i had off them, granted it hasnt been used really but ive had it over 2years i think and they mailed me saying they will send a replacement if i wasnt satisfied. they never asked how long ive had it etc, so give them a call/email. received the new top hat in a couple of days.

Graeme
07-04-13, 10:44 AM
Burgo I agree there crap but where else sells full Ali rads? I did see the Bruce and I will do thanks

Benn
07-04-13, 11:23 AM
They started off very good. But like anything the most popular they got then more they needed to crack out.. I think they changed the people that make them. As the new ones look nothing like to two i've had.

Edd
07-04-13, 11:24 AM
I got one when they first came out, it's perfect

Benn
07-04-13, 11:25 AM
Snap for 2^

Graeme
08-04-13, 04:03 PM
Well as I expected the daft Essex bint I spoke to gave me the standard twelve month script so I either need a receipt of someone who has bought one in the last twelve months or I'm gonna have to buy one and send this one back later on, pissed off as it sat in the loft for twelve months before fitting it, sub standard Chinese made crap sold buy a sub standard company

Andy
08-04-13, 04:56 PM
In all fairness do you really expect them to care that you have had it sat for 12 months??
Theyre not gonna start the guarantee when the last jubilee is nipped are they? lol
Still,doesnt take away that there is no place for cheap tat.

steviegsi
08-04-13, 05:28 PM
What is the alternative to a tx radiator?

Edd
08-04-13, 05:30 PM
Standard

Stuart
08-04-13, 05:32 PM
Pro Alloy... you pays your money etc.

to be fair an ali rad is a little bit pointless anyway as the main weight is the coolant lol

Graeme
08-04-13, 05:35 PM
I agree Andy and I expect nothing more from you playing devils advocate, but when it doesn't take much to get a bad name in this industry I thought that might of offered me more than 14 quid, I just prefer the look of a full Ali thick rad there must be a reliable alternative which I'd expect to be dearer

Andy
08-04-13, 05:38 PM
I totally agree with what you are saying,just you gotta see it from their point of view,as somebody with my own business myself,i would much rather work for free to maintain a good name/reputation than to chance it like theyre doing with you/others.
Sounds crap.
A good name takes alot of hard work and a long time to get,a bad name is simple to get and can happen in hours......the internet is a powerful tool in business terms...