PDA

View Full Version : Abyss body kit

Flairing Nova
23-08-03, 09:25 PM
Hey ppl,

Need a little help with me abyss body kit...i have a J 92 nova and a front abyss bumper to go on...i don't wanna take it to a garage to be fitted (as its my project) but as it has no brackets i was wondering if anyone had some good ideas of how to put it on!?
Pm through site or email me... hell_yeah83@hotmail.com

Thanks, Xs
Ps...if anyone has a rear bumper they don't want no more, hit me up...i may take it off your hands due to mine being spanked!!!

DazK
23-08-03, 09:49 PM
hmmmm ..

get a front bumper from a 1.2/1.0 nova .. the really thin bumper

cut the sides off

bond the pieces of bumper onto the back of ur existing bumper with silkaflex .. make sure there lined up properly too

theres probably a better way of doing this but that seemed like a reasonable idea at the time :lol: :|

novax
23-08-03, 10:03 PM
This kit is a bag of shit to fit. Having said that we did manage it "eventually". the L shaped brackets on your original bumper will have to be bolted to the new one. you'll have to measure this spot on if you want it level on the car. We bonded bolts to the ends and fitted them through the front wings. It'll take a fair time to get right.

Flairing Nova
28-08-03, 11:17 AM
Thanks for your help guys, thats what me bruv said to do but i didnt want to go chopping at bumpers if there was another way round it!
(But there was me thinking good old pritt stick and blue tack would do fine...JOKE!!!)
Xs